const-current thing

There is also NSI45010 (and / or NSI50010)

Reply to
David Eather

On a sunny day (Tue, 25 May 2010 17:49:37 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Duh, if they really sold that good they would be out of stock. Looks like digikey mis-speculated :-)

Not only in stock, but stuck in stock. hehe

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You don't know a thing about how serious sales channels work, do you :-)

Even Farnell-NL has thousands in stock.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2010 08:10:06 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Tell that to Steve Jobs, and the ipad out of stock.

See, stuck everywhere :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I could hop into my car right, drive the 10 miles to the next consumer electronics store and buy an iPad, here:

?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=9811355&_requestid=820174

Only problem with that is, I don't want one and I don't need one.

Have you asked what the sales numbers are on that device, or just blurted this out?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2010 09:21:55 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

The introduction in Europe had been delayed 3 times.

Same here

So, what are the sales numbers then wise crack?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=

Maybe they don't want Euros right now :-)

I don't know. And you don't know but ventured to claim the part was a dud. All I know is that Digikey is an efficiently run business, they aren't stupid as you have hinted. They will not order one more reel if the initial one didn't move. They did, so ...

--

On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2010 11:11:28 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=

It is entirely possible that some semi manufacturer made 250000 of these, and then handed Digikey and Farnell and whoever all a box, with the remark: See if it sells. That is how Microsof sells so many Win 7 copies the first day, all stock to resellers.

If it did not sell, the things are still there taking up space.

In Europe 'in stock' on the web often means 'in stock at the manufacturer', and you get things send directly from the factory. This is the case when all show the same number in stock.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=

You have never run a company with production, have you? I mean at an executive level where you were held responsible for inventories and write-offs.

resellers.

That's not how Digikey works. If they claim stock I can order until late this afternoon and have them stuff tomorrow morning. All of it. Oh, and let this here fine newsgroup know how you would you explain that:

|NSI45020AT1G|1|,Ny:True,Nea:True

1,773,000 in transit, meaning they'll be there next week. That's over a million of them. They must have gotten a huge order from somewhere.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2010 11:41:14 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Oh, maybe it was you who ordered those ... replacing 1,773,000 too bright indicators means a lot of soldering....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje