communication protocol with name resembling 1335?

1553, (also known as the "Manchester Bus"), is alive and well and currently used on Eurofighter Typhoon as well as older aircraft. (A good example of the philosophy encapsulated in my sig line).

Amongst other things, it has the advantage that the clock can be extracted from the data and the waveform is symmetrical, so it can be transformer coupled.

If it\'s not broken, don\'t fix it.
Reply to
TuT

John Travolta has a couple of little planes parked next to his house in Ocala FL.

  Keith
Reply to
Keith

And his neighbors aren't too happy about it. I understand that there is a lawsuit going on over the use of the private airstrip, because it wasn't built for jets and he's damaging it. BTW, its a few miles from here.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did they have any size restrictions before he moved in (or bought the aircraft)? If not, tough shit.

--
  Keith
Reply to

The runway belongs to someone else. The developer sold the homes as if he owned it, and it WAS built for lighter, propeller driven airplanes. The bigger ones are breaking up the surface. You be the judge.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If there were no prior restrictions, it ain't JT's problem, IMO. If the developer sold something that wasn't his...

--
  Keith
Reply to

If you say so. It would be like having a couple hundred semi's diverted down a residential street built for nothing heavier than the UPS truck, 24 hours a day with their weight breaking it to gravel, and keeping you awake. The original agreement was for small prop planes, only.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If that was the agreement that JT signed, then he has the problem. If there was no agreement, nothing the equivalent of a HOA, deed restriction, or zoning ordinance, I wouldn't consider him liable. I don't know the specifics and I suspect that's what the trial is going to establish.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Keith,

I'd be surprised if there isn't an airstrip rating and that is what pilots must obey. AFAIK ours states that it is limited to 12,500lbs gross weight. A 707 would probably be a tad above that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, if there is (and he violated it) I'd think the FAA would have something to say too.

--
  Keith
Reply to

On a private airfield with no tower?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hello Keith,

I am not so sure about that one. When renegade flying gets reported not much seems to happen. Or look at our airport here: They have received numerous official letters that the obstruction lighting is in non-compliance, big time. It's been years and everybody just keeps on flying. Until something really bad happens, I guess.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

There is no one living around the airport?

--
  Keith
Reply to