Cloaking your identity on the internet

As I understand the thread on this topic, there are a number of ways that your infividuality can be detected. (and we may not know them all.)

But your individuality can be changed, and I wonder if it is possible to change your identity via "shape shifting."

IOW, the detecting algorithm may expect that your identity will be stable. As an example, if you reboot your modem often, or systematically inject various features, like putting on a disguise.

I'm not planning anything illegal, just like the 5th amendment to the Constitution.

Reply to
haiticare2011

It is more amusing to pretend to be someone else. Yesterday someone successfully hacked the Labour Party's twitter account and promised that everyone would be given a free owl if they won the next election!

Tor is also in the press at the moment for all the wrong reasons.

Email anonymisers have been around for a very long time.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Ahh...if you give a "hoot" enough to vote, you get a hooter..

Reply to
Robert Baer