Circuitmaker circuit help

I can't view a CircuitMaker .CKT file, but I would hazard a guess that you haven't established initial conditions to cause it to begin simulation in a known state.

Oscillators rarely self-start in Spice simulators without a .IC statement or a kick-start current pulse.

...Jim Thompson

I have a simple two transistor multivibrator circuit that wont produce an output waveform when simulated in Circuitmaker 2000. The actual constructed circuit works fine. If anyone has an idea of what the problem might be I be pleased to hear from them.

The Circuitmaker file is on alt.binaries.schematic.electronic

Subject: Multivibrator Circuitmaker file .CKT

Reply to
John

Ho humm...simply not true for "linear" oscillators. I have several in my SS examples. All start without a kick. I have rarely found the need to kick start such oscillators.

The standard simple transistor multivibrator is a "relaxation" type oscillator, with a stable DC state. Numerical noise won't get it going.

or....just use a pulse with a long on time for the power supply.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Thanks for all replies. Multivibrator now oscillating and getting the expected waveform.

John

Reply to
Alt Beer

JT guessed right. If you place a .IC at the base of either transistor in your circuit, it oscillates, as shown here:

Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Since you gave yourself the name "Alt Beer", where do you get that stuff? AFAIK it's really only popular near the city of Duesseldorf or about 6000 miles from here. Can't buy Alt Beer :-(

Sometimes micro breweries out here try but it ain't the same.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

They do very well, one never gets a bad beer. I don't know how long they store the product, but the two micro-breweries I frequent in Cambridge have multiple brews on tap, and they're great. The several small local beer companies also do well with their bottled products.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Joerg -- I'm about 60 miles due north of Sacramento. Do you live in Sac?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Well, there's this one:

But I don't know the status of their microbreweries. It's a safe bet, though, that there's beer there! ;-)

--
Cheers!
Rich
 ------
 "A man and a woman got married. Although it is the first time for the
 husband, it is the woman\'s second marriage. As they go to bed on their
 wedding night, the wife says to her husband: "Dear, there\'s something I
 must tell you. I\'m a virgin." Naturally, the husband is surprised.
 "You\'ve been married before!", he says, "How can you still be a virgin?"
 "Well, it\'s all quite simple," she retorted, "my husband was a computer
 programmer." "What\'s so odd about that?", he asked. "Why would you still
 be a virgin after a marriage to a programmer?" "Well", she said, "all he
 did was sit on the edge of the bed and tell me how great it was going to
 be.""
Reply to
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

What is the current state of microbreweries?

Last time I lived near one, in the late 80's (hertfordshire) the owner had a difficult time maintaining consistancy between batches, some barrels would last for days before going off, some much longer

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Ah, which Cambridge. Westpondian or Eastpondian?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Do they top ferment or bottom ferment?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Hello Martin,

Near Sacramento, California, they are doing well. Most are growing and quality is consistent. I like the taste of their brews a lot more than from any mainstream breweries in the US. Unfortunately one micro brewery, actually the closest to us, seems to have closed down. Sad, since that was the place where we used to fill up our growlers.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

That would be Grass Valley. I've had the 182 into Cameron Park Intentional numerous times to fill up on mogas.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Hi Joerg, Duesseldorf. Went there for a few days and drank a number of Alts while visiting local Christmas markets. Not sure if its available in the UK though.

John

Reply to
Alt Beer

Hello Jim,

That would be Grass Valley?

I am in Cameron Park, about 30 miles east of Sac on Highway 50. Really close to the CP airport runway.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

While I lived in California, I dearly missed my Altbier. But then I found a bearable replacement that is available at least in California in the same quality and taste: Becks Dark. Yummy.

Not saying that I would pass on a micro brewery though :-P

"Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:vd5se.29334$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Matthias Melcher

Hello Matthias,

Yes, it is yummy. About 15 years or so ago I was always a bit grumpy when I couldn't buy Becks Dark in Germany but only in the US, despite the fact that it was brewed in Germany. So once in a while I took a six pack on a flight to have the Germans try it.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

In an effort to deal with my own beer addiction i have decided myself to start a microbrewer. Only problem is that my brand new stainless steel fermenter which i had custom designed and manufactured only holds 100litres....I already want bigger....

Reply to
The Real Andy