Choosing a power management IC

Can someone please suggest a power management IC for my board, the features are fairly standard however I have not been able to find anything in a larger QFP or SOIC package (that I can hand solder)

Features :

- USB and DC input

- li-ion/li-polymer battery charger

- high efficiency (>90%) outputs - 5V, 3.3V, (possibly 1.8V but not critical)

- non QFN/DFN package.. I need something I can handsolder.

Thanks. St.

Reply to
shinystartrek

You can hand-solder a QFN package, it's actually not that much different than, e.g., an SSOP package. If you need access to the center "paddle," you can add a good-sized via on the backside.

I believe that sparkfun.com has some tutorials on hand-soldering these... they also don't bother soldering the ground paddles, which you may be able to get away with as well.

Reply to
Joel Koltner