CB echo

Hi Yes, CB as in Citizen's Band, Walktie Talkie, 10-4 good buddy, 27MHz, AM, etc. I listen in once in a while for s**ts and giggles (can you tell how boring my life is?) Why do some people use an echo effect on their voice???

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Though they usually turn it up too high; it really does make an improvement in understandability in low S/N situations. Not so much in normal situations. This is well documented in psychoacoustic literature. .

Reply to
JosephKK

Do you have a cite for that, I'm curious!

Steve

Reply to
osr

Sorry. Just anecdotal support for a few i read many years ago. .

Reply to
JosephKK