Catering to the parallel port.....

You've guessed >

Reply to
oparr

After reading your other responses in this thread, I'd strongly recommend using a resistance value no higher than 2.2 ohms, or no lower than 22 megohms.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

You write poorly, beg us for help, and abuse those who try. You're wrong[1], you're rude, and you top-post. You've gotten several good suggestions and you've cast them aside.

Enlighten me? What could you possibly offer me?

Go ask your basic question in .basics, if they'll have you.

James Arthur ~~~~~~~ [1]

"The objective of risk management is to reduce different risks..."

Reply to
James Arthur

Here's someone who's keen on learning just how a community works.

Since you know the different specs of the different types of ports that your device might be connected to, just use a resistance value that works with all of them. If that can't be done because some configurations are mutually exclusive, you will have to specify which type of port your gadget is compatible with.

What's so hard about that?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

They won't, he already got kicked out there. Probably because his concept of risk management is just a bit too basic.

We really need sci.electronics.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Have you ever done an mission critcal work? I have NASA, NOAA and numerous aerospace companies still use my ideas. The space shuttle doesn't launch without using my equipment.

You are the twit, and far worse than clueless. You also have no time to think for yourself.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael, I thought you blocked googlegroups? I didn't see this 'twit' at all.

NOTE: Agent v5 will (according to rumor) sport filtering by Message-ID... getting closer to not needing NewsProxy at all as a front-end ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I mark them read, but I saw the moron being quoted, and had to tell him off. You should give me a break, since its almost Christmas. :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Agent V5 has been a rumor for a long time. I plan to buy a license when it comes out, but they can pound sand until.

--
Keith
Reply to

Huh? I thought that's where I've been all these years, especially with Phil A posting.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

I was hoping someone would comment on the resistance values I suggested. I was only trying to help.

Reply to
Ben Bradley

He needs news:sci.electronics.dead.from.the.neck.up

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your recommendations did not pass unnoticed. 8^)

I was going to add "Don't forget the bypass caps, electrolytics are best!", but thought the better of it.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

ROFLMAO!!!

Reply to
oparr

Reply to
oparr

You are really going to quibble over a few cents of resistors that will give you known values when a cable falls off or breaks? Just how many million of these are you making and how cheap are your product support lines?

Figure out how many resistors an hour of support and the resulting reputation damage is going to cost you.

Robert

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Adsett

In other words you are telling potential customers that you really don't give a damn if they have problems. Great marketing.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It has pullups already in the input device. Fine for Hi/Lo control with any PP but not low enough for decent rise times up to 100KHz with an OC PP.

Reply to
oparr

Do whatever you want, and "let the chips fall where they may". There's no law against learning stuff the hard way.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise