car opener test

Is there any way to design a rig that will open any car that has remote control locks. so you could like hide it under your car and use it if you got locked out or if someone else locks there keys in there car

Reply to
alec howe

You could hide a KEY under your car, but I guess that wouldn't help you break into other peoples cars!

Reply to
amdxjunk

Yep. It's called a "Jimmy" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

A hammer?

Reply to
Deefoo

No, because the transmission between your remote and the car follows a pattern, changing the opening code every time you open the car. It's not like a garage door opener that has only one of 250 ocdes and you simply send all of the coodes in a burst.

Reply to
Matthias Melcher

Most modern garage door openers are using the same rolling code technology and are just as hard to crack as the automotive ones.

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan

Reply to
Robert Scott

If there were, what would be the point in locking the door in the first place?

Reply to
doordoc

Don't all rolling code transmitters send all of the possible codes in a burst regardless of what they are used for? Otherwise how would multiple transmitters know what code the receiver and the other transmitter(s) rolled to?

Reply to
doordoc

The receiver will keep track of a small number of sequences. When you add a new transmitter there is a ritual you have to use with access to both transmitter and receiver to get the new transmitter recognized.

Reply to
Dennis

A cellphone. Just call a locksmith.

This isn\'t right.  This isn\'t even wrong. -- Wolfgang Pauli
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

How does that work if you have more than one opener?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

I'm not sure I take your point, but in general, what man can do man can undo, and locks just "keep honest people honest".

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Google found this:

How smart is the OP ?

Reply to
Donald

The "reintroduction" can be a royal pain in the ass. My wife lost her remote, so I "deleted all" and then reintroduced mine and a new one using the following procedure....

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic Subject: car opener test (from S.E.D) - RemoteIntroduction.pdf Message-ID:

...Jim Thompson

Cars using this, identify the remotes, and will maintain the sequence seperately for each unit. They will also accept sequences several operations into the 'future', to cover the situation where the remote gets operated several times in the pocket, 'out of range' of the car. Remember also that cars using this, will also have transponders in the remote as well, and even if you fit the right 'key', the car won't start unless the transponder is present. You can lose track (A friend had a child who pushed the button on the remote a lot of times). The car refused to then open on the remote, and it had to be opened with the key, and the remote 're-introduced' to the car.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

I read in sci.electronics.design that Bob Stephens wrote (in ) about 'car opener test', on Mon, 19 Sep 2005:

You've not come across 'once for all assemblies' in moulded plastic parts? You can't get them apart in any way, short of breaking them beyond repair.

Or, for extra credit, consider an omelette. (;-)

John Woodgate