car inverter

Do those cheap car inverters (12VDC in, 110VAC out) use an H-bridge to generate a square wave from high-voltage DC?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Yes, 2 conversion modified Sine. Stat power is ok, throw aways. Made by xrantrex. For more than a few hundred watts you'll need heavy battery cables.

Martin Riddle

Yes, but some also modulate the high-voltage DC to get closer to a sine wave.

Regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

Car inverter? Why do you want your car upside down?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

To do body work on the underside. To do it with real cars, they call it a "rotisserie" (yeah - it kind of surprised me too) - it's really something to see, a car body up on those pivots, and you can twirl it with your hand.

This is just the sheet metal shell, and maybe chassis, of course. The motor is over on the engine stand. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You mean, like this :-)