car Heater fan controller in NUTS & VOLTS Magazine December 2005

i found car Heater fan controller circuit in NUTS & VOLTS Magazine December 2005.page 13. But problem is that i do not know whatkind capacitors are.

47=B5f is electrolyt capasitor that i know. i can only guessing that rest of them are "caramic" and "film capasitor", what is what, that is mystery. capasitors are: 0.33 / .01 / .0027. i hope that here is NUTS & VOLTS Magazine readers who can help.

where i can find alternative fan controller intsructions, if capasitors type stay unknown.?

Reply to
dorfX
47µf is electrolyt capasitor that i know. i can only guessing that rest of them are "caramic" and "film capasitor", what is what, that is mystery. capasitors are: 0.33 / .01 / .0027. i hope that here is NUTS & VOLTS Magazine readers who can help.

where i can find alternative fan controller intsructions, if capasitors type stay unknown.?

Just use greencaps?

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

What's the mystery about that ?

Those are types of capacitor.

They'll be values in uF .

Apparently they aren't unknown at all. You're simply inexperienced in these matters.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

The .33 is probably plastic film - you can get ceramics this big, but they're kind of expensive. The .01 and .0027 are ceramics, probably - .0027 sounds kind of specific - it could be mica. Is the article on- line anywhere?

Since they're for use in a car, I'd recommend getting capacitors that are rated for at least 100V working voltage, and be sure to use some kind of "load dump" protection, like maybe a hash choke and a TransZorb.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Kindly direct your inquiry to sci.electronics.basics

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen Die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.

On 5 Feb 2006 00:57:57 -0800 in sci.electronics.design, "dorfX" wrote,

For those who do not have it, the schematic can be viewed at

My chief complaint is that the input and output of the 7805 regulator seem to be reversed, which wouldn't be good.

The smaller capacitors can all be ceramic or whatever you have in your junk box from that old TV you took apart. None of the values are very critical.

Reply to
David Harmon

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 04:07:27 GMT in sci.electronics.design, David Harmon wrote,

Additional complaints include:

78L05 is inadequate to withstand automotive load dump voltages. No freewheel/antikickback diode provided for the motor.

I concur with Rich that the capacitor on the "12V" side should have at least a 100V rating. Basically, this is a crappy design.

Reply to
David Harmon

Sloppy draughting !

The 0.0027 might prove tricky to get ( not a popular value ) in which case substitute 0.0022 uF ( 2.2 nF ).

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

thank for you all. Seems that car Heater fan controller needs few improvings.

- diodes in fan motors both wires.

-"78L05 is inadequate"--> TransZorb to 12v input.

- 0.0027=B5f -->2700 pf Ceramic capacitor ?

that`s it.

Reply to
dorfX

Thanks for you all

.Seems that car Heater fan controller needs few improvings.

- diodes in fan motors both wires.

-"78L05 is inadequate"--> TransZorb to 12v input.

0.0027=B5f is same than 2700 pf Ceramic capacitor ?

-------------------------------------------- Jaba-Daba-Duuu

-Fred Flintstone

Reply to
dorfX

Yes

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, one picofarad is 0.000001 microfarad. (and .001 nanofarad, but anybody can look that up.)

I still haven't seen the circuit, but from the discussion so far on the thread, it sounds non-critical, so I'd say, if you can get one, it'll be fine.

There's also plastic and mica, but it depends on the application as to whether you'd need something like that. (precision, accuracy, tempco, that sort of thing.)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On 06/02/2006 the venerable David Harmon etched in runes:

Why is the 78L05 there at all. The 555 can easily take the 12V supply and is probably more robust than the 78L05.

--
John B

Delete \'spam blocker\' to reply direct
Reply to