Capasitor bank

Hi.

This is the situation: Constant DC source ( 1V ~ 1mA ).

Hardware:

400V ~ 20microF capasitor I wait until capasitor is full, then i disconnect dc source.

Goal: To power 12V DC motor for "unlimited" time.

Questions:

1.) If i connect few capasitors together and if one capasitor will recharge other then it is possible to make constant power output for DC motor needs ?

2.) I was thinking to convert this 400V to 12 VDC on such way that i slowly discharge capasitor so i can give neccessery power to the DC motor. How to make this ?

3.) This project involves just capasitors and dc motor. How to calculate power that is neccessery for dc motor to work ?

4.) How to convert this dc output to ac current ( transformers etc. )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please be so kind to answer all my questions ( ok, you can skip the 4. one :-) ).

Thank you in advance !

Reply to
mark2006

If this is the power source for the whole system, you have 1 milliwatt (volts times amperes) of power that can be transformed into various combinations of voltage and current, as long as you don't expect to have a volt ampere product coming out to be higher than the 1 milliwatt going in.

I assume that by "full", it it has charges up to approximately 1 volt and has stopped drawing any current close to 1 milliamp.

You can do his only is the motor power is below 1 milliwatt. That requires that the motor current be below 1/12th milliamp. I am sure you have no such motor.

No.

Your capacitor will not charge to 400 volts, but only to 1 volt.

Measure the motor current while it is connected to a 12 volt source. Multiply that current (in amperes) times the 12 volts and you find out how many watts the motor requires at that voltage. Whatever source you produce, it will have to provide at least that much power to drive the motor with 12 volts.

John Popelish

!

Oh boy..... No. No. . This is not going to work at all. You cannot charge up a 400V capacitor from a 1V source (failure of understanding of capacitor theory). You cannot use it to power a motor to charge up the capacitor to power the motor indefinetly (faliure in understanding basics of efficiency, and numerous other basic principles).

Lets start from the beginning. You really need (read as MUST) read up on the basics of capacitor and electrical theory before you continue any further. Don't even try and learn about stepping up the voltage until you have done this. In fact dont try and think about doing ANYTHING before you do this. I have also read your other posts and am a little disturbed by your lack of basic knowledge and the complex and potentially LETHAL areas you are asking questiions in.

Please go back and read up on basic electrical theory before you continue.

Reply to
Macgyver

@Macgyver :-)))). I know why i have asked this question. As you know, basic questions lead to better understanding and to new ideas. But, one thing is correct... you can not look at this at some general accepted level and basic principles becuse this has nothing to do with basics.

Thank you guys for your replays !

Reply to
mark2006

Not true. Refering back to your original post, comments such as.....

Do you expect to be able to charge up a capacitor to 400V from a 1V DC source (ignoring the 1mA supply current for the moment)?

This comment, along with other mentions of capacitors recharging capacitors, leads me to believe that you believe that this may be possible. These two points mentioned above go against even the basics of capacitor principles and energy conservation laws.

Now, from this post,

Yes I agree with this. BUT (and it is a very big BUT!).

This is so badly, badly wrong. Basic fundamental principles are the foundation that everything else (including knowledge, understanding and development) MUST be built on. Without even these you cannot know what can and cannot be done. Years of experience have shown me (and a lot of other people) this first hand. There is no way around this. PERIOD. Was this, perhaps an english translation fault on your part or did you actually mean to say this?

What exactly is your electrical background (if any)? Are you some sort of free energy tinkerer (or a troll perhaps).

Reply to
Macgyver