Mini ac/dc smps source?

I frequently use very small 110-240vac to regulated-5vdc smps's that I gut out of very small wall-warts from thrift stores. They work well in compact projects that need both 110vac and 5vdc in the same box. I'm currently doing a project that requires that I make three identical units. Finding three identical smps wall-warts at Goodwill, to gut, is not likely. My DC current requirements are small, probably less than 50mA. Anybody know a cheap commercial source for these PCB supplies (not the wall-warts)? Or a cheap kit? Google'ing has not gotten me anything useful.

Also, I need isolation, so the series-capacitor/rectifer/zener type

110AC/5VDC supply is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

USB 'chargers' may work for you. Beware - some of these are _really_ shitty, I had one which was 6V open circuit voltage, and no input capacitor on a SMPS.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Sticker rating 0.5A@5V, at 0.3A, the voltage peaked at 4.5V, and went down to about 3 IIRC.

Reply to