capacitor

hi all,

I have here with me a capacitor that has a symbol on it like an upside down triangle or a Delta. Does anyone know which make it is?

thanks ivan

Reply to
ivan

"ivan" wrote in news:eogaa8$kvq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnet.it:

Do you really need to specify a capacitor by make? If you're looking for a replacement, the more you say about it, the more likely someone can point out one that is right.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

"Lostgallifreyan" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Xns98B9ACADD2CE7zoodlewurdle@140.99.99.130...

I have found this capacitor that perfoms much better than the others I have tried, so I am interested to know what are its characteristics in order to confirm my guess about the type of capacitor needed. That triangle must be some kind of logo so I was hoping that someone knew where it is from.

Reply to
ivan

"ivan"

** Post a JPEG of it on ABSE - d*****ad.

..... Phi l

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

hey GENIUS!!! what is ABSE?

d*****ad

Reply to
ivan

Den Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:32:26 +0100 skrev ivan:

Perhaps Vishay??

Vy73 de OZ1GNN
Christian Treldal
Reply to
Christian Treldal

" ivan the terrible dago idiot "

** ABSE = Anti Bullshit Screening Entity

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

I am really sorry you are so angry with yourself, but what can you do... not everyone is fully satisfied with their own life. It is not my fault if your life is so shit... good luck...

" ivan the terrible dago idiot "

Reply to
ivan

The voltage in a resonant circuit is proportional to the Q of the tuned circuit, and how close the driving frequency is to resonance.

It's possible the capacitor you chose was at just the right capacity to resonate with the driving frequency and/or has a high Q. But Neither capacitance nor Q is all that special-- most any capacitor will have high Q, and of course you can choose almost any capacitance value, or trim it by adding exta parallel capacitors.

So don't focus on that triangle.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

"Christian Treldal" ha scritto nel messaggio news:45acb685$0$144$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader2.cybercity.dk...

down

no it does not seem Vishay, but thanks!

Reply to
ivan

" ivan the terrible dago idiot "

** Post a JPEG of it on ABSE - d*****ad.

** ABSE = Anti Bullshit Screening Entity

** You are one sorry, PITA wog - for sure.

Do you believe in the tooth fairy or space aliens as well as magic caps ?

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Ancient_Hacker" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...

well I measure each capacitor I use to be as exact as possible so I exclude the capacity value hypothesis. Q depends on the values of R, L and C and none of them is changing. However the capacitor does seem to be very critical on the voltage when I change the type. I think is a question of losses of the capacitor...

Reply to
ivan

That isnt a hypothesis. It's the basic equation of RLC circuits.

How are you measuring the capacitor? Resonance can really sharp, much narrower than the tolerances of your typical capacitor or simple cap meter.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

If you write Delta, this *is* a triangle, but not upside down. Are you sure it is a capacitor and not a MOV? I have here a blue part from EPCOS 7mm dia. which has only a triangle with a longer left side. The bottom line is curved. something written like K275 and 05. All the other epcos parts I have, have actually written the company name in letters below the filled triangle.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

"Phil Allison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Been watching too much Romper Stomper? That was low.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

bottom

sorry about this guys, I meant an upside down triangle or upside down Delta. It think I have found it though... it seems to be a 2n2H100 capacitor which I suppose it means a 100V 2,5% cap (tell me if I am wrong). This proves my guess that the higher the voltage of the cap the lower the losses (of the dielectric) hence better performance, in this case.

thank you all

Reply to
ivan

Ah! Finally, some numbers! The 2n2 is very likely 2.2 nF, or .0022 uF, or 2200 pF (which are just different ways of writing the same thing). And

100V sounds about right - is it about the size of your thumbnail?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

that should be from EPCOS capcaitors,