Calipers

+++ My HF caliper is many years old, still uses the original battery because I do exactly what you said.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

ehsjr wrote in news:qvm60c$i5p$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

When I put my laptop away, I pull the USB Xcvr out and turn off the mouse, and it stows the xcvr in its base. Every day. I would have gone through a couple batteries this last year otherwise. No big deal, but I am 100% a small carbon footprint guy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Maybe you could use alkaline batteries instead of carbon zinc then?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

HA HA HA

Small carbon footprint means NO carbon zinc.

I only see them if I peruse the Harbor Frieght store because rat shack does not exist any more. There are actual battery stores in Michigan... small batteries not car batteries.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sure. For a US product, that would just come from the same Chinese factory (typical OEM sold seperately)

so 4 times higher cost :-)

Zero

I do, have done a lot of purchased in China.

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Klaus Kragelund wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Those calipers are not (a US product).

They're Chinese. There is no US association whatsoever.

Perhaps you need a remedial math course.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I meant that if you buy an "american" made product, chances are that it was made in China (like Apple and their "Designed in US" notices on the products)

Not really. I bought it for 2.79 USD at Christmas sale. The price you see now is standard price

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Klaus Kragelund wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

2.79 x 4 is not 9.