la is

omething.

out it's

eally

lace.

ne,

at

rmers

You shouls have seen Across the Fence around noon on Ch. 3 when you were living in Vt.

I remember after my grandmother first got TV in the old farmhouse in North Fayston sitting with her at lunch eating fried egg sandwiches watching that show.

Reply to
Richard Henry

messagenews:2NednQ4WpLxXw5XRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

Not the ones I saw in the late '80s. I took a 12 year breead from broadcast between the ealy '70s and late '80s.

What I did see was a lot of Cyron equipment, along with a little Squeezezoom.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

to charge

charged --

this, um,

you pay

more than

--

never

exactly

and a

SWMBO

something.

it's

The new Air Museum at ft. Rucker was opened while I was working in Destin, but I didn't get a chance to visit. It was in old, leaky W.W. II wood buildings when i was stationed there.

I'm familiar with the concept but it, and their newscasts were so amateurish I half expect to see Ted Baxter reading the news.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

charge

charged --

this, um,

pay

more than

exactly

Most things are slower than molasses in that area. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The garage is good enough for me. I'd have to build an elevator if I had a second floor. :(

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

and a

yet

is

cordless

sometimes

in

No, you couldn't stand the smell if you had to wait for it to fill, if it was a diaper. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

..

ey

There's certainly no guarantee that it will materialise, but experience does suggest that there is reason to be hopeful.

And "inventing a different technology" is making an artificial distinction between the small incremental improvements which we know about and expect and the slightly larger improvements that look less obvious in highsight. Improving technology always involves changing sonething, and some of the changes are more obvious than others.

They certainly look cheaper to me than they did when I was a graduate student. Battery technology certainly hasn't improved dramatically over the last fifty years - the inventors who were busy in that area around the nineteenth century do seem to have picked off all the low- hanging fruit, but the inventors did lose interest once the internal combustion engine put paid to the electric car (whose popularity peaked in 1912).

Perhaps the current market is just too small?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

to charge

charged --

this, um,

you pay

more than

good --

much

never

clear exactly

and a

the

SWMBO

something.

it's

WCAX? Nope, never saw it.

Man, there's a berg in the middle of nowhere.

Reply to
krw

to charge

charged --

this, um,

you pay

more than

good --

much

never

clear exactly

and a

the

SWMBO

something.

it's

^^^^^^^^^^ Crap! Ft. Benning (still thinking Vermont)

The museum at West Point was in the basement of one of the buildings, in pretty tough shape. This one was well worth the trip.

We'll have to try to get to the Air Museum. We made it to the Tuskeegee site (it's only about 20 mi. from here) last year. Not much there.

That was what got me after living in NY for a year. When we went back home the news production was so silly. The content wasn't any worse, though.

Reply to
krw

Understood. There is access to the second floor of the house. I'll be putting a (bought it from HF last year) hoist in any time, to get the sheet goods up, then the tools.

Reply to
krw

You're forcing a comparison of apples and oranges if you use that approach.

Figures for output are peak numbers, but anyone running the financials knows that you have then to apply data relating to insolation, which are location dependent.

The figure of $/peak watt is much more useful in practice.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

year. I

out

and

into

Better anyone else than me. I fell three times this week, just walking through the house. Luckily, I was next to a wall all three times and fell against it..

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It depends entirely on whether you're comparing panels or working out payback periods.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

I don't see why. A payback period (which doesn't exist at anything like current unsubsidised pricing) will also depend on location.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Just a bit of trivia re: VT...

1) It was the last state to get a TV station. 2) There were still entire towns as late as 1965 that had no electricity.
--
??
Unlimited webspace - Unlimited bandwidth

That is precisely the point - compare panels use $ per peak watt, calculate payback - use $ per watt at average insolation in chosen location.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Last state to have a McD's in the state capitol, too.

The bulbs in Montpillier are still pretty dim.

3) Largest percentage of unpaved roads in the country

4) Looniest liberals in the country (No Nancy, you're not the looniest)

Reply to
krw

If panel price were quoted in terms of $ per watt at some notional average location, then you'd have to back caculate the peak price before calculating the actual price for your specific location. So having the peak price to start with would be much more useful than the average price for an arbitrary place.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

You would also have to check the solar spectral response (varies e.g. by the air mass) at a specific location and match that to a particular solar panel spectral response.

The solar panel peak output is measured with an artificial "sun" with a specific power level and a specific spectral response. Unless the local spectral response match that of the artificial sun, there will be some variations in the actual panel output.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Stick "CREB" into the search engine.

Reply to