Cadsoft Eagle V7.7.0

Kicking yourself because you didn't get Cadsoft Eagle before Autodesk bought it?

Don't like the Autodesk T&C, when you have to rely on their servers being available to run your files for decades in the future?

Don't like the idea of giving Autodesk freedom to copy your files and distribute them to parties unknown? See Section 4:

4.1 Privacy and Use of Information. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Licensee (and third parties acting on Licensee's behalf) may provide, and Autodesk and its Resellers (and third parties acting on behalf of Autodesk and its Resellers) may obtain, certain information and data with respect to Licensee (including, without limitation, personal information) and Licensee's business in connection with this Agreement, including, without limitation, information and data provided to or obtained by Autodesk and its Resellers (or third parties acting on behalf of Autodesk and its Resellers) through the Customer Information Form and otherwise, in connection with ordering, registration, activation, updating, validating entitlement to, auditing, monitoring Installation of and Access to Autodesk Materials, Relationship Programs and Services and managing the relationship with Licensee.

This kills any NDA you may have with your customers.

However, the Cadsoft Eagle V7.7.0, 32-bit Standard Edition is available for download at

ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/program/7.7/eagle-win32-7.7.0.exe

This runs on XP and Wine.

After installing, I did something that I can't remember that turned it into the Ultimate Edition. This is the full 16 layer, full size version. After installing it in Wine, I was able to convert the Standard Edition to the Ultimate version by copying the WinXP Eagle.exe file to the Wine folder.

If I can figure out the mistake I made when installing the first version, I will post it here. Maybe someone else can find the trick and post it.

Reply to
Steve Wilson