CAB for Linux (Ubuntu)

What suggestions or what application is the best for creating Diagrams and layouts in linux ?

Many thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Len

QCad is a good cad program to have because it seems to work on several versions of Linux and under Windows. It also uses a documented format for its files.

OpenOffice's Draw program is most useful for making block diagrams and the like. It isn't much good for anything with dimemsions.

The gEDA program collection seems to be a good way to go for PCB development. Since its file formats are also well known, it is posible to create mechanical portions of the PCB manually or with a simple program if you have to.

Reply to
MooseFET

sudo apt-get install qcad

:)

Reply to
Meat Plow

Hint: Giving SOME idea of *what you're trying to do* gets better results.

Assuming "CAB" was supposed to be "CAD", and assuming that posting to a group with "electronics" in its name, means you want an **electronics** package (ECAD): gEDA KiCAD Cadsoft EAGLE Vutrax Bartels AutoEngineer Cohesion Tools, Inc. Engineering Capture System

all support Linux. The first 2 are open source.

. . Maybe someone has an (unsupported) copy of this to sell you:
(The site of the bait & switch developer is kaput.)

This package also appears to be extinct:

This one seems to be extinct as well:

Same here:

. . An incomplete list of stuff here: (gEDA isn't mentioned.) DJ? Stuart? Ales? What's up with that? (Al's work is listed.)
. . There's *Virtualization* as well.

Reply to
JeffM

Hey, we can't keep up with everything. We expect our rabid fans to help out sometimes ;-)

Reply to
DJ Delorie