Boring Cars

SWMO's Sable is red (well sorta mahogany) and my Ranger is black. Don't like colors in PUs. SWMBO wants a 2010 Mustang, but it'll be more like 2012.

Wrong end. Long ago in a galaxy far, far, away, a friend had a Rustang-II hatch-back in fire-engine yellow. Now there was a crappy looking car. It could be seen, though.

Reply to
krw

Scottsdale's fire trucks used to be yellow, for visibility. ...Jim Thompson

Yep. That's the purpose of that ghastly yellow. Can't miss it. His Rustang-II was the same color.

Reply to
krw

Charlie E. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

a red car's finish will not last long in the southern climate;the sun fades it badly. Having a garage or carport helps a lot,but the top surfaces still fade.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

at

green,

Worse yet:

I was driving on a highway nearly directly towards the setting sun. There was a sort of overcast to the sky. I saw a car way off in the distance. As it got nearer it happened to line up with a bit of the sky that was the same color. It was a newish car with the lights that are always on at half voltage so they light up sort of orange. It made it a perfect match in brightness to the sky. The result was, a color and brightness match. If I had been passing someone, I might not have noticed it.

Reply to
MooseFET

I had a red '66 GTO, and a red '83 Toyota pickup. Go for it. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

I found a used RED Audi A3 Quattro, 3.2 V6, GPS, all the luxury goodies; maybe I'll get that and sell the blue Rabbit. Too many people leased too many high-end cars a couple of years ago, and have to get rid of them now, and nobody's buying. This is a great time to buy a used car or real estate or test equipment.

John

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Gawwwwd! Is that an Isetta? Haven't seen (or been in one of those) for 51 years... fall of 1958... in Boston traffic ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Ticky-tacky boxes, along with "keeping up with the Joneses." Everybody's so afraid of being different these days, they only want to be in the middle of the herd.

It's mostly sad, really.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Go for it, and enjoy. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep! And concerning real estate WRT Fed printing presses, prices in general will continue to go down (i hear about 90% of the new fed guaranteed loans are being dumpped by those that cannot afford to pay).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I would have thought he'd go for a Toyota Prissy ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Those only come in 'Prissy Pink'.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

*drool*

Was it a tri-power?

IMO, the finest car in the muscle car era. Although, the '65 was also a beauty.

Reply to
JW

No, I had the Carter AFB four barrel. In fact, I had several, so I could play with them. One was set up to squeeze as many MPG as possible, and the other to burn the tires off the rims. I also replaced the stock 2 speed automatic with a Turbohydro 400 heavy duty three speed, which required a custom made 26" long driveshaft.

I agree about the look. I've never seen anything else like the mid '60s GTO. I even built a custom AM/FM stereo radio out of surplus and special ordered Delco parts. :)