Bluetooth or WiFi DS cards for offline use?

to transfer the files automatically to the PC (or in some cases, movies real time).

But I assume you still to connect that USB cable first. That's what I wanted to get rid of.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

to transfer the files automatically to the PC (or in some cases, movies real time).

There's a professional Nikon wireless adapter, not crazy expensive, but not very cheap.. about $800 IIRC. You frequently see them in tourist attractions (eg. get a photo with the Stanley Cup).

Also one of the cameras (3200?) has a really cheap wireless adapter (

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

ability to transfer the files automatically to the PC (or in some cases, movies real time).

With the frequency I use my camera $800 for just an adapter is obscenely expensive :-)

One of the discount stores here offered a small Samsung digital camera right after my first post in this thread. Grand total $100, has wireless download into the PC. Finally a manufacturer figured it out. I just wonder what took them so long.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ability to transfer the files automatically to the PC (or in some cases, movies real time).

What resolutions are you looking for? If it's less than 8M pixes, you can always get an Android phone. With a simple app, you can post it to your web server in real time.

Reply to
linnix

ability to transfer the files automatically to the PC (or in some cases, movies real time).

always get an Android phone. With a simple app, you can post it to your web server in real time.

It's a tad more professional than a phone camera. I am using an Olympus E-PL1, some insane number of MPixels but most of all a large sensor which is most important here. Then there are exchangeable lenses, some of which are rather special ones from the 35mm era, connected via an adapter.

Right now I am constantly doing the same routine. Shoot some photos, get cable, plug in, transfer files, erase some or all on the camera, unplug cable, hope that the li'l rubber lid won't break off, share with team, discuss, do another expermental set-up, take some more photos, get cable again ...

The camera also can't be safely stopped for some reason, says "in use by some software" which it ain't. So I simply have to yank the USB cable no matter what. But that hasn't hurt anything so far. I have to do that with a lot of USB stuff.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Got the ezShare card today.

I plugged it into my camera (LUMIX 16Mpix)

I connected to the card as described ( replaced my WiFi with ezShare ) I used Firefox to connect to the card ( ezshare.com)

As the card did not any pics on it I took a few pics of the screen.

Then my camera shut down saying the battery was empty !!

So this card draws lots of current.

I'll charge up the battery and try to connect again.

But so far so good, it actually connected as a Access Point. And I did find the empty card pic directory.

I have a Arduino SD card adapter, so I'll try to see if I can connect my computer to the Arduino.

More to come.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

OK, charged up the battery and everything works as described.

I was able to download pics with the camera taking pics.

Interested option on the web page to download the entire directory.

The download was packaged into a .tar file.

I added a .txt file to the card using my laptop.

The txt file did not show up in the directory on the web page, only the .jpg files.

As an added "feature" my laptop crashed w/BSOD !! (Win7) I guess it was the ezShare card.

Funny, I was able to connect to the ezShare AP with it plugged into my laptop.

If I can't hack it, I'll have a wireless camera.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

what happens when the card fills up, I don't suppose there's a way to erase pictures over the wifi link.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

No, there was no option for that.

I could not upload any files to the card/camera either.

I have been looking for information about this card, but have not found any.

I've played enough, time to get the scalpel to it. ;-)

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Thanks for sharing, Hamilton. Seems this card draw a lot of power then. I just wish the card mfgs would wise up a bit and make one that simply shows up as a Bluetooth device or something in that direction. It could be so easy.

The problems are often in the software. I just bought a SuperEyes microscope, not so much because of the low price but because it's so small that I can even take it with me on trips. Works great, but only with 3rd party software which won't let me catch still images. Their own software ain't working and emails to the company weren't answered.