Billions Approved For EV Charging Stations For All 50 States + PR

To cover 75,000 miles of highways designated as alternative fuel corridors...

U.S. is getting dead serious about a total EV conversion... will say goodbye to the ICE soon.

Fossils still burning oil for heat have to go, along with the LP gas people. Every bit of this medieval insanity has to be eliminated.

It's all called decarbonation.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

OK.

Reply to
Ricky

Hopefully, they will spend some money on fixing existing broken public chargers.

Reply to
Ed Lee

The arrangement to watch out for will be called a public-private partnership. In reality it will mean they use public money to build a private infrastructure that will charge the public top dollar to use their chargers. There's always a Harvard graduate behind these things. You can find an example of this on interstate I95 in northern Virginia/Dc where they are known to charge $35 tolls for a 5 mile express lane jaunt.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Not that Gnatguy would be willing to recognise such a plan as a "real" plan. if it came from the Democrats.

You don't have millions of vehicles doing long distance travel. Most trips are local. The free market can be relied on to supply enough Level 3 chargers to deal with the occasional long distance traveler.

Or so Gnatguy likes to think. He seems to have missed the point that electric vehicle cost less to run per mile than their gasoline powered equivalents, and are getting rapidly cheaper as they are produced in ever higher volumes. The usual rule of thumb is that raising the production volume by a factor of ten halves the unit price. It has certainly worked that way for solar cells (several times now) and we are going to have to push their production volume by at least another factor of ten soon.

Gnatguy is certainly pontificating out of his own ass on the subject. Joe Biden is an elected official rather than a bureaucrat. which highlights one more of Gnatguy's senile misapprehensions.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

20% is the required generation for BEVs, not the additional generating capacity. Electrical demand is is very uneven, so we have a large amount of generating capacity sitting idle most of the time. BEVs have a great deal of flexibility in charging schedules, so they can be used to even that out. Any required generating capacity will be much less than 20% of our existing capacity.

Yeah, but some people just want to make it look like they are sacrificing for the good of all, so they will seek out the chargers with the longest lines and charge to 100%.

Those truckers were able to take off for weeks, circling the DC beltway and clogging rush hour... well, that was the idea anyway. They didn't seem able to clog much off rush hours and during rush hours no one noticed.

I don't get why you are even bothering to debate the guy. You know his numbers are pure conjecture and false. You don't need to pay $60,000 for a BEV now, much less in 10 years. You just like to argue with him, eh?

That's true, right up until someone asks them to wear a mask. Then the 2-year old in them comes out and they cry, saying, NO!

Reply to
Ricky

Yeah his numbers are a little off at the low end, whatever. In my area of the country you'll pay the better part of 5k in excise tax alone over the first 5 years on even a $35,000 car, and if you're a great driver another 5k on insurance.

Will it all including the purchase price be "much less" in 10 years? I'm not convinced.

Kore like in 10 years the lowest-income American's income will be so low relative to how much the top 20% have to spend on vehicles it will be pointless to build anything but luxury cars. Not worth the squeeze.

Reply to
bitrex

If you are talking about an annual car tax, then that has nothing to do with a BEV, it's the same on any car, no? Then why bring it up?

"It all"??? I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you?

Reply to
Ricky