Biasing the tlvh431

Will biasing the tlvh431 for 100uA degrade any of its performance? The datasheet doesn't list any performance parameters for the min bias current other then impedance. It's being used in a feedback loop (opto-431) in a 10.5W offline flyback.

The reason I ask is that I can get 25 TLVH431IDBZR (1.5%) in a

3-SOT-23 case for $0.3570 about half the price of The TL431 (1%) I'm using now. If I could reduce the current consumption by a factor of ten that would be a bonus.

Has anyone used the TLVH431?

Reply to
Hammy

The data sheet implies that 100uA is twice the "breakover" current. But the only way you can know for sure is to test them all :-(

...Jim Thompson

No, too expensive for my taste. Can't you use the TLV431?

Digikey 296-1348-1-ND, comes in 1%.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I ordered 25 TLVH431IDBZR at $0.357. That's the best price I could find. It's just small quantity Joerg. If I was purchaseing semiconductors' in the 1000's quantity I would go right to TI.

The TLVH431IDBZR is good to 20V,100uA bias current (max). I only have

7 flybacks I might swap in the TLVH431IDBZR in place of the TL431A. The rest I'm sure I could find some use for.

Thanks

Reply to
Hammy