Better buy a new multimeter then a new battery!

Look at who they hire to go into those holes. They HAD to be fool proof. Someone down there for hours just wants to go and get cleaned up, and is in no mood to fight with square or rectangular covers. Also, manhole covers don't have fragile leads.

There was a badly worn manhole cover on a busy road in Middletown Ohio that was positioned to where tires constantly ran over one edge. When they repainted the yellow stripes on that road it was about four inches in. I used the road several times a day and the cover was in a different position every time I passed.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's because the designers of those packages screwed up. They blissfully ignored what the tube guys knew all along and followed through since the days of Noah's ark: Keying the socket.

Of course, with a tube the consequences of mis-keyed installation run the gamut from "nothing" to a loud bang and flying glass.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Then they moved to flat packs, which make the worst of today's SMD packages look good.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, of course, Pin 0 will be omitted. Pin 1 to the left and Pin 40 to the right. The rounds will be in reels, not tubes anyway. Round package gives the best pin spacings in smallest area.

Reply to
linnix

hexagonal BGA is probably better, but I guess you want perimeter soldering, not underneath.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Zenith had a Chroma IC that plugged into a nine pin tube socket.