Battery Question on Universal Remote Mod

Hello,

My name is Jesse, and I'm pretty new to circuit design. I'm taking the circuitry from a cheap Universal TV remote, and putting it into a new casing. The universal remote needs two 1.5 volt AA batteries. For the sake of size, can I use AAA batteries instead? Could I do any damage to the circuit by doing this? Are there any other 1.5 vlt batteries that I could use that would last long, but also be small in size?

Thanks.

Jesse

Reply to
jesseleite

No problem with AAA cells.

Reply to
martin.shoebridge

Reply to
skbobade

why ? just curious, you can get AAAA batteries too, I got 2 of them to put in a semi active RF sniffer probe in a pen case. some remotes I have last for ages some seem to eat batteries. In the end I just used 2 button cells.

Im also thinking of upping the power of my NTL remote so I can change channels from another room, I already tried a higher output LED but, maybe I can use a laser instead of the LED, it just has to bounce of a wall to get to the other room, or maybe if its powerfull enough it can burn a hole through the wall !

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

Why not set up a system of mirrors? Then you could just flick your fingers in front of a lighted match.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

maybe

get

hmm matches, that sounds dangerous ...

Reply to
colin

You must already have X-ray eyes if you can see the TV from the other room! =:-O

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

put

maybe I

get

I have 2nd tv in this room but channel is set by cable box in the other room with the 1st TV.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

Use a remote extender then.