Batteries in Parallel ... - Page 2

Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
m>
 I would double the Amp/Hours available to the load.
ther can cause one of them to corrode/leak etc ...?
ity was experienced by either(or more) batteries ?
 of
es ruined by leaking Costco alkalines and the pack sitting on my shelf with
 dates of 2025 are leaking in the pack!!!
cell will pay to replace your device if it is damaged by their battery.
r of small dimples on the end of the Duracell and the same on the Kirkland
batteries and none others in the review of maybe a dozen.  So it's hard to
imagine they aren't made in the same factory to the same spec.  It would co
st more to make them different.
ones from that lot or the lot that leaks.

See, that's my point.  The Sunshine brand from Dollar Tree have been review
ed with testing and found to be as good as any.  They are widely used and d
o not have the numerous reports of leakage that Kirkland and Duracell have.
  I had a Ray-o-vac battery leak and ruin a flash light.  I contacted them
about their warranty and I would have had to pay $10 to ship a $10 flash li
ght.  Instead I bought a $10 rechargeable flash light and use no more dry c
ells for that.

Your dismissal of the Sunshine brand is without merit.

Just to be clear, ALL alkaline batteries are subject to leaking.  The probl
em is some brands are much worse than others.  Costco Kirkland and Duracell
 are two that seem to fail much more frequently than others.

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 11:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C

I bought a few of the Dollar Tree batteries myself and they were
awful.  Very low energy from what I remember.

Maybe that review you saw was by someone who is pushing those
batteries

Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
.com>
ure I would double the Amp/Hours available to the load.
e other can cause one of them to corrode/leak etc ...?
larity was experienced by either(or more) batteries ?
rge
lot of
vices ruined by leaking Costco alkalines and the pack sitting on my shelf w
ith dates of 2025 are leaking in the pack!!!
uracell will pay to replace your device if it is damaged by their battery.

pair of small dimples on the end of the Duracell and the same on the Kirkla
nd batteries and none others in the review of maybe a dozen.  So it's hard
to imagine they aren't made in the same factory to the same spec.  It would
 cost more to make them different.
ve ones from that lot or the lot that leaks.
iewed with testing and found to be as good as any.  They are widely used an
d do not have the numerous reports of leakage that Kirkland and Duracell ha
ve.  I had a Ray-o-vac battery leak and ruin a flash light.  I contacted th
em about their warranty and I would have had to pay $10 to ship a $10 flash
 light.  Instead I bought a $10 rechargeable flash light and use no more dr
y cells for that.
oblem is some brands are much worse than others.  Costco Kirkland and Durac
ell are two that seem to fail much more frequently than others.

Or maybe not.  The review was of many, many batteries.  Something like 20 d
ifferent ones.  Some tested well, others not so well.  Do you really thing
the review was a sham?  Dollar Tree doesn't sell their own brand.  They sel
l Panasonic, Sunshine and another US brand, maybe Ray-o-vac.  Which brand a
re YOU talking about?

I think it's more likely you are making things up about whatever it was you
 bought at Dollar Tree.

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 13:36:17 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C

Right.   Sunshine brand.  The biggest name in batteries.

Ray-O-vac...  Who bought them ?  Who bought Everready ?  Who owns
Duracell now ?   Or Sunshine ?  Or Yamagoochi ?

A name doesn't mean much these days.  Companies get bought and sold so
much you don't know much about any of them from year to year unless
you know for sure what kind of price reduction tricks  or improvements
they have implemented.  Also, their quality control.  If any

You can send that link any time.

Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
ail.com>
, sure I would double the Amp/Hours available to the load.
 the other can cause one of them to corrode/leak etc ...?
 polarity was experienced by either(or more) batteries ?
charge
 a lot of
 devices ruined by leaking Costco alkalines and the pack sitting on my shel
f with dates of 2025 are leaking in the pack!!!
s Duracell will pay to replace your device if it is damaged by their batter
y.
 the
ak.
 a pair of small dimples on the end of the Duracell and the same on the Kir
kland batteries and none others in the review of maybe a dozen.  So it's ha
rd to imagine they aren't made in the same factory to the same spec.  It wo
uld cost more to make them different.
 have ones from that lot or the lot that leaks.
reviewed with testing and found to be as good as any.  They are widely used
 and do not have the numerous reports of leakage that Kirkland and Duracell
 have.  I had a Ray-o-vac battery leak and ruin a flash light.  I contacted
 them about their warranty and I would have had to pay $10 to ship a $10 fl
ash light.  Instead I bought a $10 rechargeable flash light and use no more
 dry cells for that.
 problem is some brands are much worse than others.  Costco Kirkland and Du
racell are two that seem to fail much more frequently than others.
0 different ones.  Some tested well, others not so well.  Do you really thi
ng the review was a sham?  Dollar Tree doesn't sell their own brand.  They
sell Panasonic, Sunshine and another US brand, maybe Ray-o-vac.  Which bran
d are YOU talking about?
you bought at Dollar Tree.

I just want to make sure I understand.  Company A buys profitable company B
 so they can close down their manufacturing and do it somewhere else in a d
ifferent way that makes the product crap?

Whatever.  You are saying brands mean nothing which is clearly not true sin
ce we are seeing differences in brands and in particular we see two connect
ed brands, made at the same factory, that seem to suck pretty badly.

Whatever.  This topic is long since exhausted.

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 20:54:14 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C

That has happened where a competitor was bought and ran into the
ground but that's not what I was saying.  They will cheapen the
process to either increase profits and live off the name or lose the
magic of the proces that was there previously.

That's what seems to happen a lot in this newsgroup

Re: Batteries in Parallel ...
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 11:42:08 -0700 (PDT), Ricketty C

Point me to that review and I will have a look at their energy and
discharge profile.  That will tell all I wold need to know except for
their leaking factor which may change from one to another.

Re: Batteries in Parallel ...

Similar batteries in parallel should be OK. The far ends of a
cylindrical battery are already in parellel.

Science teaches us to doubt.