Bad Chargers (2023 Update)

Things could change. CCS v1/v2 are horrible designs to sidetrack CDM and NACS. I don't see why the EU would want to keep it going forward. They might come up with something else and call it CCS v3.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

Because they, unlike you, understand what it means to have a standard. They don't use pointless terms like "horrible" to evaluate technical matters.

Reply to
Ricky

I guess the CCS connector is designed by auto execs driving ICE cars. CCS connector is horrible for lack of a better term.

Reply to
Eddy Lee

Whatever. It seems to charge a lot of cars in Europe. I've never met an electric car owner who didn't like it. I can say never, because although I know you, I don't consider you to own an electric car. Your car can only travel 50 miles without charging, when the first 30 miles are down hill. I know people with electric skateboards that go further, and whine less.

Reply to
Ricky

This guy calls the CCS connector "goofy", "bad standard":

But I disagree with having AC and DC on the same connector.

I would keep the J-port for AC and N-port for DC.

Reply to
Eddy Lee