custom AlN insulator

made this for us.

Nice work, great pricing. We are using a CPU cooler as a heat sink for some big mosfets.

AlN conducts heat about as well as aluminum alloys.

whit3rd

Did you say anything? I'm using Agent and only see my original stuff.

How flat is it? I.e. how little contact grease can you get away with?

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I could measure that, but it is 1 mm thick and obviously polished very flat. Our stack will be

K199 copper CPU cooler grease insulator grease four TO247 fets, shiny side up

6-layer PCB backing plate

The cooler, with springs, screws into the backing plate.

The function is a 200 watt ac/dc programmable dummy load.

Reply to
jlarkin

On a sunny day (Sun, 17 Jul 2022 06:49:17 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Get some of these / like these 250 W 50 Ohm, cheap on ebay:

Jan Panteltje

I want programmable resistance or current loads, maybe even voltage (zener) mode, over a wide range of currents and voltages. I have a cool circuit that can do that.

We will even be able to program waveforms of resistance or current load!

Reply to
jlarkin