Auto Computers

Anyone know of a good basic online source explaining how automotive = computers work, typical circuits, etc? I'm an electronic tech, but for = cars still an mechanical mechanic trying to get up to speed on the = electronics that run the emissions systems. Many thanks in advance.

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob

Aren't auto computers potted overpriced uPs? Or do you mean canbus?

Reply to
miso

You mean automobile electronics, controls and sensors?

has some general information. I have their tool that I connect to my laptop to talk to the engine controller.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

work, typical circuits, etc? I'm an electronic tech, but for cars still an mechanical mechanic trying to get up to speed on the electronics that run the emissions systems. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Bob

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Apparently the CAN bus is the most common communication protocol for ECU black boxes.

Not 100% certain, but I may have stumbled across a load of CAN appnotes on the Arizona Microchip archive.

Reply to
Ian Field

This is an 'open source' one:

The basics are all the same.