Auto Base LED replacements

I'm seeking [dis]satisfaction feedback on LED replacements for my 12VAC Tensor reading lamp. It uses a #93 automotive lamp but any of the BA15S base replacements would work.

I find an incredible disparity in ones on line; some 88c, others $14.95. Enlightenment welcomed.

David Lesher

Get another lamp, made with LEDs. The AC power is not suited for most automotive-style (DC) LED lamp replacements, in any case, but more important, the LEDs won't have the same light distribution as the original. It won't be anything like the lamp you like...

Or, maybe you can get a halogen replacement lamp (better color, longer life, slightly more energy-efficient).

Reply to
whit3rd

You could give one of these a try.

or
the trick for LED replacement of a incandescent bulb is to have many SMD LED around the bulb, not just a couple big leds. This will give the most even light distribution. Be sure the length is similar to your current bulb and go for the highest wattage.

Reply to
admiralsmead