Assymetrical Power Supply

Please see linked circuit done in Multisim.

The simulation shows a 10V neg DC offset but with no 100Hz signal.

I must have misunderstood you.

What is need to make the circuit shown work?

Any suggestions?

Claus Jensen

Reply to
Claus Jensen

check the power rail connections to the opamp

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

For 10V with a ground reference, yes. ;-) There are many ways to skin the cat.

Reply to
krw

Please see yourself to the nearest door, lifeless idiotic troll.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You asked for a -10 at zero in for the output, that is what I gave you.

The (-) input as I showed takes care of the offset and gain needed.

THat gives you a 10VPP with one side at -15 and ther other at -5 on the output.

Have you failed to again on showing what you are trying to do ?

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Oh come on, give him some attention. :)

joe

Reply to
joe hey

Really?

Please scroll back and look at details, you need a rail to rail with the spec's offered.

It's times like this you need a lawyer to have the client sign a contract to their specifics so that later thay can't say, " That isn't what I wanted".

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

No I just tried to simplify the design in the hope someone might advise me why this particular one does not work.

I thought it used one of the same principles suggested here.

BTW, your prior circuit did not work either. But I haven't given up.

Claus Jensen

Reply to
Claus Jensen

What kind of a person has nothing better to do than drop in just to make comments like this?

Make the world a better kinder place, and start with yourself.

Claus Jesnen

Reply to
Claus Jensen

Being coy does not garner advice.

What Philbrook showed should be working. The question is, "What are YOU doing wrong?" ...Jim Thompson

Fred is one of our resident assholes. However, you are approaching such acclaim by being vague about what you want the circuit do.

Implying you're just trying to "simplify" the problem for us will get you tossed down to S.E.B... the combined skill set available here probably totals THOUSANDS of years. ...Jim Thompson

Oooops! My bad! Philbrook's circuit doesn't work as you desire :-[ ...Jim Thompson

Like this...

...Jim Thompson

Ok, you seem to lack the proper lingo to get your needs across..

So. let me ask you to lay out the needs different, since what you asked for does work as I showed, but you seem not to know what you want?

Please answer these questions..

  1. With 0 Volts at the + input of the op-amp, what do you expect to see at the output of the op-amp?
  2. With Maximum + input signal at the + input of the Op-Amp , what do you expect to see at the output? Please specify the Maximum + input voltage you are monitoring for this output value.
  3. With Maximum - input signal at the + input of the Op_amp, what do you expect to see at the output? Please specfiy the Maximum - INput voltage you are monitoring for this output value.

if your input signal never goes below 0 volts, please specify! You did say it was a bipolar? That indicates a +/- signal.

Have a good day..

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I remember him writing somewhere in this thread (I'm not going to look it up and maybe I might be wrong on this) that it is a rectified sine wave, i.e. positive only.

joe

Reply to
joe hey

Sorry Joe, you are thinking of another thread: "DC Offset Output of Emitter Follower" by Mike Towner.

piglet

Reply to
piglet

That's not Jamie's circuit.

R2 100k ___ .----|___|---. | | | +5V | R4 | --- | 25k | | | Voff ___ | |\| | +2.5V--|___|--+--|-\ | | >+-----+--> -5 to -15/10VPP Vin >-----------------|+/ |/| | --- -15V

You used a 100K potentiometer instead of Voff=+2.5V, that's your problem. You need a voltage source, or to re-scale the resistors.

Replacing R4 with a divider works.

+5V -+- | .-. 50K| | R2 '-' 100k | ___ +---------+----|___|---. | | | .-. | +5V | | | | --- | 50K'-' | | | | | |\| | === '--|-\ | | >+-----+--> -5 to -15/10VPP Vin >-----------------|+/ |/| | --- -15V

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Yep. Actually make the two 50K's a 100K pot and the gain error isn't too bad for decent DC adjustments. ...Jim Thompson

If the high side's tied to +5v and the 100k pot is centered, the voltage offset will be off by a factor of two, and the signal gain will be three instead of five.

If the high side's tied to +12v, as in Claus' simulation, yes, that's

24K equivalent, pretty close.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

A 100K pot, set at 50%, tied to +5V and GND is a Thevenin equivalent... +2.5V, 25K, is it not? ...Jim Thompson