"Assembly" shops?

There seems to be thousands of "assembly" shops - THEIR definition being "well, we might do the PCB, we definitely do the pick and place, but NOTHING ELSE". I need that "else" (no pun intended WRT a poster here). I need boards that are populated to be packaged in a certain way. Does anyone know an assembly shop that will do that? PS: turn-around time a few days, transit time to & from not counted. Help??

Reply to
Robert Baer

When you shop around, ask for "turn-key" quotes that include final, packed for shipping form.

Easy, greasy, japaneezy.

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

Append:

Make sure said "form" includes detailed and formal packaging requisites, if that is the desire. No vague wide stroke words, like "prepped", as in "prepped for shipping".

Detail the entire "assembly" including closure and packing needs,and they'll quote it if they are truly "turn-key" as many claim to be.

Are you giving (providing) kits, or are you wanting 'full turn key'?

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

d.

What QTY are you talking about?

Our factory is hand wiring EMI choke on PCB, definitely not pick and place.

Sure, Global Fed-Ex from China to US in 1.5 days, but costs $$$.

Reply to
linnix

Volume? What are you providing (ie, you are supplying populated boards and something to package them in and clear instructions/specs on what you want done putting A into B, or you want a house that starts from your board design and case drawings and pops a package/product out the far end?

In small volume and for the former condition, I do that sort of thing (I even populate boards when needed, but I do it with hands, eyes, lights tweezers and a soldering iron or hot air iron, so it's much more suited to 1-12 than hundreds or thousands.)

Ecnerwal

UK? USA? Canada?? Elsewhere ?

Reply to
TTman

These guys are very good:

John

Good start..thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I have a six-page PDF with pictures showing step-by-step requirements, with a 2-page PDF DOCument that discusses the procedures. I will provide all parts, wires, tapes, etc needed EXCEPT a temperature controlled oven needed for the shrink tubing. Can do that if absolutely necessary.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Quantities run from ONE (if i can count that high) to maybe 20 on rare occasion. Each unit is serialized and requires some distinctive jumpering and labeling.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Quantities are small, populated boards have some final jumpering to specs which may be different for each part, wrapping, labeling etc all described and pics in PDFs (see previous responses).

** Everyone: consider the query and my responses as an informal RFQ; for full details e-mail me and i will be glad to send particulars. Thanks!
Reply to
Robert Baer

I am in Portland Oregon; long transport times not exactly inmy best interest.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks: will check them out.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Try

, they do small quantities.

Martin Riddle

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I did my first outsourced assembly job with Advanced Assembly, a spinoff of Advanced Circuits in CO.

It was a partial kit/turnkey, turned out completely successful and I was very happy with the results.

--
Mr.CRC

Thanks.

Reply to