Asimov Asks "How People Get New Ideas"

I worked with a start-up, SpatiaLight, in 2004, on such a chip. But it looks like they went "dark" in 2008...

...Jim Thompson

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:44:07 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

The big marquees on the transit busses here have little flapper flicker signs in them that are "live" and scroll text as all the little flappers flip in synchronous joy.

3 balls, 2 strikes...
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Geezer solidarity! They're old, they're wrong, and they stick together!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The flip disc was originally developed by Ferranti-Packard at the request of Trans-Canada Airlines (now Air Canada) back in the sixties. We repped a Japanese outfit that cloned them some after their patent ran out (maybe around 1980?).

You're probably thinking of the DLP MEMS micromirror display technology- it's viable for some interesting applications including 3D scanning (they project different grid patterns on the object) as well as for digital cinema applications and scientific applications.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:37:08 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

I used to have these security dongle PCBs that were unmasked HOSL tinned copper bare traces.

One could stack about 15 of them together and apply some down force onto the stack for a few seconds and the trace surface lattices would meld together and one could then pick up the entire stack by grasping only the top PCB.

Like pure quartz glass assemblies fuse together (almost).

Geezers unite!

We need a third party.

The "Brass Tacks" party. My idea. Been saying it for over a decade now. Now, lets get down to Brass Tacks, shall we? :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Oh my aren't you the smart one. Both forms have been on California roads for over a decade.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Hoo! Haa! I had a $100 bet going that you would resort to "geezer" sooner or later... Thanks for the $100 >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Who lost?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Matthew 10:34
Reply to
John Fields

--
I suggest that if you can't parse that simple sentence and glean its
intended meaning, you present it to your wife and ask for her help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kca5E3xk8II
Reply to
John Fields

--
Well, I see you've dumped your habit and are beating plowshares into
swords.

Welcome to the fray. :-(
Reply to
John Fields

--
And, from:

"I try to be friendly, cheerful, and helpful."
Reply to
John Fields

--
Jealous, jealous, jealous!
Reply to

Not at all. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I did rather enjoy the holiday from the somewhat tedious repertory troupe. You guys do get a bit repetitious, even if you enjoy listening to your own voices.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:52:19 -0600, John Fields Gave us:

I like the one in "Aliens VS Predator".

Nice, clean lines. :-)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

And your voice? Aren't you feeding the fray yourself? ...Jim Thompson

Well, not much of a dog, perhaps, but respite from the tedium is at
least a Chihuahua.
Reply to
John Fields

I have nothing to be jealous about, I've seen what it does and some of the turn outs.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

JL

thing.

get

I don't remember seeing Dr. Hobbs being denigrating to or about anyone. If it has happened i might have missed it, but i don't think so.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk