Arghhhh!!! of the DAY

.

oom=3D...

All of the information remains forever stuck at the event horizon. If a black hole actually destroys information a lot of scientific theory is in big trouble.

Reply to
MooseFET

=3D...

I don't know about you guys, but I was kinda disappointed when I didn't see Skybuck's name on the Patent. :)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

It must be a joke ! Yes...

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Naw, some bored patent lawyer on his day off. :-)

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

At a glance, it sounds a bit like Phase Velocity:

"Phase velocity is an almost useless piece of information you'll find in waveguide mathematics; here you multiply frequency times guide wavelength, and come up with a number that exceeds the speed of light!" ---

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Old joke:

Client to consultant: What's the time?

Consultant to client: Gimme your watch and I'll tell you :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Works fine, provided it's assembled quickly, at a rate > C

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

(That's the OTHER consultants, not Joerg and me. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

If you had a pair of scissors long enough, would the point where the blades cross exceed the speed of light? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"Here is a way to imagine why this is... picture yourself at Zuma Beach in Malibu. The waves are coming in at an angle to the beach.... check out the intersection of the wavefront with the beach, it is zipping along faster than you can run... yes, it's apparently faster than the waves are moving if you look straight at them. Maybe it's time for us all to go to the beach and check this out... send us an good mpg video of this and we'll send you $100!"

I think they'll keep their $100, and maybe they know that. A wave that tried to come in at an angle to the beach will find that the part that's further from the beach is in deeper water, and travels faster. Thus the wave will turn to be parallel to the beach.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Of course - from the definition of "enough".

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Is that when heads roll?

Reply to
Jamie

Spin around at night and figure out how fast those stars are moving!

Reply to
krw

I like it! ;-)

Reply to
krw

It obviously ejects it somewhere *not* in the same locale as the black hole itself...

But where... :-)

Reply to
lurch

Are you saying that it is all a wash?

Reply to
Robert Baer

=3D...

Too bad this examiner doesn't work in art group 3660, where we have a patent awating a 2-1/2 year backlog!! (Not counting the year it's already been sitting there! - doing nothing but collecting dust.)

I figure if he can pass this one, our LEGITIMATE design patent should be a breeze for him. Better yet, if the USPTO would adopt this patent itself, it could go back and time and clear the backlog before it even got started.

But this _is_ the USPTO, so maybe that logic doesn't hold?

Reply to
mpm

Some obstacle would get in the way or someone would want cash along the way and bog it all down again.

Mutated timeline from the get-go.

I'd take a hydrogen bomb, go all the way back to the dawn of man, wipe us all out and let nature and the dumb creatures have everything, because we all have failed miserably at attaining a civil society, despite all the intelligent folks among us.

It is so bad that even "scientists" among us are succumbing to greed.

We may never recover from the greed increases caused by the technological advances that we hand to ourselves, and we STILL cannot even get to the point where we are feeding everyone. What we need no is forced birth control for about two decades, and then controlled birth rates thereafter.

So, I would simply perform a "full reset".

God would probably pat me on the back for it.

There is not much that will fix the shithole governments and societies continually dig for themselves. We are all still pretty goddamned dumb.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

We have long known that patent examiners are flaming idiots but this one is a bit over the top.

Reply to
JosephKK

bundle

this=20