Are tube plate dissipation's peak or rms?

Take your meds.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

He is. Imagine what he would be like if he wasn't ;-) ...Jim Thompson

"Tim Wescott"

** Wot an absurd waste of space you are - pisshead.

Reply to
Phil Allison

He would cause the sheep to stampede, and they would trample him to death.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

29 tubes !. The heater transformer must have run 10-15 amps, or was it series string with selenium half wave rectifier for the ht ?. Those old selenium rectifiers had a very characteristic smell when they failed and not exactly healthy either...

Superhet was a luxurious dream for the very early homebuilt designs, at least here in the uk :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

When running 6 EL505's for 900 W, the glass envelopes developed dimples similar to the Haig Whisk(e)y bottles.

--

Tauno Voipio, OH2UG
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

I've heard of pinchoff biasing, but that's ridiculous. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs