Are solid state hard drives faster?

It does suck.

Reply to
krw

What about when electron flow depends more on cathode and near-cathode behavior than on the medium?

Such as in vacuum tubes and mercury vapor rectifiers?

How 'bout thyratrons, ignitrons, and others along these lines such as "tungar" devices?

--
 - DEon Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

So, what's the conductor between plate and cathode of a tube? Are you telling us that a vacuum is a conductor, AlwaysWrong?

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Only if the vacuum is under the proper "pressure".

Reply to
krw

So in your point of view, a tube should never work. You do have problems handling discussions beyond your means.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Maynard, why do you call yourself Jamie? Before I reply to your question, I need to know.

Reply to
John - KD5YI

You have serious problems with reading threads. You made all your stupid mind up from one post.

READ THE THREAD, you dumb fucktard or stay the f*ck OUT of them with your stupidity.

I already mentioned electrons boiling off a hot anode and traveling to an attractor.

Not only do I know that you are too goddamned dumb to get it, since you cannot even read a thread, I also know that you are too goddamned stupid to understand ANYTHING about this thread at all. Mainly because of your retarded, obviously didn't read shit responses. Fuck off and die, boy.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

I would assume it would be for the same reason as your name was given?

It was given to me at birth. Of course, it may have taken a while before they could figure out what you were before naming you. A little inbred breeding causing disfigurement and social inaptitude, most likely.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You should try to use the correct words when you are attempting to insult someone, idiot.

Otherwise your complete ineptitude becomes glaringly clear.

Hey Jamie... Fuck Off and Die, you inept twit.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Was there some one speaking?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

So, Jamie is your given name? Well, the FCC will be interested in the fact that you are legally listed as Maynard. It is an offense to lie to the FCC and your license may be revoked. I will forward this post to them and let them sort it out. For the record:

Jamie aka:

PHILBROOK JR, MAYNARD A, KA1LPA

520 PLEASANT ST WILLIMANTIC, CT 06226 Licensee ID: L01495388 License Class: General FRN: 00018828905 Radio Service: HA Issue Date: 06/01/2009 Expire Date: 07/15/2019 Date of Last Change: 06/01/2009 (License TIN Added)
Reply to
John - KD5YI

Who cares?

That information is public how ever, as you went out of your way to obtain it and post it here, I would say that you are treading on thin ice and should carefully evaluate what information you elect to throw around in public areas.

Actually, I'll be going by the league (Newington, CT) friday, I just happen to know a couple there. I think I should stop in and have a little coffee and talk about this crap that goes on here. It seems that QRZ and others like it is becoming a play ground for sensitive information.

In your moment of being crafty, or at least you thought you were, you have actually committed yourself to something you may wish you haven't.

In retrospect, maybe you would like your information posted here so criminal lurkers can visit you home. After all, it would be a sure bet they could at least gain a radio out of it and maybe a computer. Or did you ever stop and think about how you can be implicated in a crime if something would happen to my residence? After all, this information is public and easy for me to find out where you live etc. And of course, if your address is not correct on your license, look out!.

Such harsh end course for a childish prank.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You are truly insane. I have never hidden behind a nym, nor have I tried to hide my contact info which is John - KD5YI. Your call, ka1lpa is on file just the same as mine. It is public information. In fact, I use my call so that people will know that I am a real, legitimate person and not the other John Smith that inhabits the news groups. That is, I make an effort to be me. What is your excuse, Maynard aka Jamie?

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Maybe the FCC for lying on your application. A federal offense.

If it is public information, and it is, then what does it matter that I throw it around in a public forum? Are you really that stupid?

Good. I'll call and warn them you are coming.

I have no idea what QRZ is nor do I care.

And what is that, pray tell?

My FCC-listed is correct and most anyone knows how to get it. Phil Allison already published it. What harm can an ineffectual idiot like you do?

As for crimes against your residence by me, that's beyond stupid. You have nothing I would want. In fact, if you were to give me your belongings, I would call a trash truck to handle getting rid of it.

Prank? If you lied to the FCC, it is certainly no prank.

Reply to
John - KD5YI

No matter. Does not change the fact of what you did. It was inappropriate and dangerous. I'm still stopping at the office friday, bringing this to their attention. Most criminal minded people that lurk around here wouldn't even know enough to do that type of research how ever, you just saved them a lot of time.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Jamie, you stupid piece of Sh1t, I got all that information by going to arrl.org and typing in your call letters ka1lpa. Are you so damn dense that you are now going to ARRL headquarters and complaining that your call letter can be found on their server? This is the epitome of stupidity. Please tell me you have no offspring.

Reply to
John - KD5YI

This guy is a bit too full of himself.

Hey Jamie... nobody cares about you and your radio.

Joe Walsh has a far better collection that far exceeds anything any dope in here has.

Life's been good to me so far.

Reply to
Notably Stationed

It's not smart to insult your clone, Maynard

Reply to
krw

Not surprising, compiling is integer / string performance bound. There are some database situations that become disk bound. Perhaps two eight core CPUs rendering a DVD movie might be disk bound.

Reply to
josephkk

=20

=20

=20

Interesting. I missed a idea on RAIDing SSDs. Thranx.

Reply to
josephkk