Archos AV420 recorder

I have a big problem with the Archos AV420 MPEG4 vodeo recorder.

When I connect a CCD colour camera to it, the picture is displayed perfectly on the screen However, when I connect a CCD black and white camera to it, it tells me that it has detected a video signal but does not display it.

I have three different colour cameras and they all work with the Archos 420;I also have three different black and white cameras and none of them works with the Archos! The video signals all look similar on the oscilloscope screen. The Archos 320 works equally well with both , but has been discontinued.

Does anybody know the answer, e.g. a filter circuit? I would have thought that a black and white signal was less complex than a clolour one.

Archos do not even bother to reply to emailed technical queries.

Reply to
Tim Simmons

you may need to put a subcarrier signal (AKA burst) into the BW to make it pretend its colour

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith