ARC STARTER couppling

Hi, I'm currently building a complete WIG/TIG welder... microcotroller PCB is runing and will be programmed probably next year (takes some time ;-) Currently I'm working on the arc starter. I found an television high voltage transformer which has its resonance frequency at 310kHz.. .I don't know why, but thie high frequency works. I get 3..4 cm at 12V and 2A... really lucky about that. But I still failed to make the couppling from HV-side to the LV welding lines. There are several pictures available in the web with eg 20:20 turns... every link says ... its running perfectly. Here how I tried... make 20:20 turns air coil with a diameter of app. 15mm... connect one HV wire directly, the second with a 1cm gap (no cap!) No I was assuming to get a nice HV on the secondary side, but I get nothing! What is missing?... and why?? Please be so kind and tell me you opinion If you have good links/suggestion... please post it You can also write to snipped-for-privacy@web.de If I get good suggestions, I will summarize everything here.

Thanks and have a nice day

Best Regards

powerfreak

Reply to