Anyone knows this transistor?

A power transistor from the seventies in a TOP3 case with the following printed on it: line 1: "Texas Instruments logo" 8302 line 2: 3-453

It is used as a power transistor in a (dead) 5V power supply. A datasheet or specs (Ic max) would be great.

Thanks, Jenalee K.

Reply to
Jenalee K.

Well a 5V power supply isnt too critical an application-- you can probably replace it with most any old TO-3 of the correct polarity.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker
** Groper alert !

** The " 8302 " code tells you it was made in the second week of 1983.

The other number is a private ID code applied for the benefit of maker of the PSU.

** LOL - what an optimist.

The device is likely a TIP3055.

The TIP35 is another or even the TIP140 Darlington.

YOU need to figure out if it is NPN or PNP and a single transistor or Darlington.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison a =E9crit :

Thanks Phil, at least now I know that it was built somewhere in the eighties. BTW, according to the schematics the transistor is PNP.

Thanks, Jenalee K.

Reply to
Jenalee K.

"Jindalee K." ** Groper alert !

Thanks Phil, at least now I know that it was built somewhere in the eighties. BTW, according to the schematics the transistor is PNP.

** So, if it IS a transistor and NOT a Darlington - the odds are very high it's a TIP2955.

The TIP36 is a remote option.

Few other TIP numbers from the early 80s would qualify.

TIP2955s are still available - AFAIK.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison