Anyone have an MC34063 SPICE model lying around?

Title says it all. LTSpice preferred.

While we're on the subject -- does anyone know what the error amplifier gain is in the MC34063, and what ranges one can expect in real life? The data sheets all call it a "comparator", but reading between the lines it's a gain stage followed by a comparator to the oscillator (which is what it has to be, to work correctly).

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

onsemi has spice models for the MC34063

Martin Riddle

I'd just as well dump it, it's old and the "current mode" control is terrible -- it's even poorly defined just what it does (increase frequency and decrease duty cycle). Lots of monolithic solutions on the market today -- actually, too many, it takes way too long to select one from any distributor's parametric search or catalog. I forget the LT and ADI chips I've picked lately (obviously...I have the numbers at work..), but they always seem to be available, and with little wisdom required on my part, the datasheets are pretty good at showing how to set it up (including compensation), at least LT's (their documents are almost always very thorough and helpful, which you see in their pricing..).

Tim

he

ttdesign.com

Reply to
Tim Williams

There's an MC34063 model in the LTSpice files of the yahoo group.

RL

Reply to
legg

It is inefficient, and the LT model is not always covering the correct Ct frequency you actually get.

... but it is very cheap, and when tuned well, it does the job with modest RFI issues and LF whistles.

They are used in millions in eg cigarette lighter 12 - 5V USB chargers.

Hyper efficient MHz switchers may require more attention.

Reply to
Blarp