Any want to call me names and degrade me?

Phil Allison hasn't posted for 30 days. I kind of miss having someone around that lacks all social grace, as long as I don't really have to pay any attention to them.

Anyone have any info?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I barely got started with Thunderbird, got a few minutes out of it, and then it crashed when I read your post. What a jerk!

Reply to
Jose Curvo

He could be fighting bushfires. Lots of people are doing that around here, and have been for a few months now, which makes it pretty much the worst bush-fire season on record.

Looking out the window I can see a lot of smoke haze. It's been worse - we can still just see the skyline on the other side of the harbour and we couldn't even see the harbour on one bad day a month or so ago.

His suburb won't be directly threatened, but he might have mates who need help.

If you want to get Phil to be rude about you, you do have to disagree with him.

He isn't gratuitously nasty, but he is remarkably irascible.

I basically approve of him - he mostly knows what he is talking about - but I still get tirades from him from time to time.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah, that amdx, Mikek bloke, is such a tweeb. So boring. And trashing everyone here and there.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Sorry, Win, you just don't have Phil A's talent. I realize that's a fairly crushing blow, but there it is.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Haven't seen him on the aus.electronics group either.

I haven't seen much of a web presence of him except for maybe one or two audio articles.

I was hoping he could at least answer some of his riddles where he wanted us to try and figure things out.

Reply to
boB

Yes, those fires down there are terrible !

I hope they contain them soon. I mean, I like warm wether and all but it's getting rediculous now.

Good point that he might be fighting fires

Reply to
boB

I have to disagree with you on that. But I don't feel any need to rip you a new asshole!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Gratuitous means entirely unjustified.

Phil is certainly easily irritated, and it could be claimed that he extravagantly over-reacts, but he does require at least some provocation before he erupts.

This group is already liberally supplied with them. Another one would be superfluous.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Or if he's upset the wrong person locally - fuelling them.

Really? Then we must put up taxes *massively* and implement a single unitary global government to fix all the world's problems!

That's your cataracts.

He has mates??

Just like you then, Bill.

YOU get tirades from *anyone* with any sense at all. C'mon, Bill, you surely must have noticed!

--

"The BEST Deal is NO DEAL"
Reply to

That would be a criminal offense. The problem is that there's no need to pr ovide extra fuel for the bush-fires. We've had a long drought and the local vegetation is tinder-dry. Some irresponsible idiots have tried to do their own fuel-reduction burns and not been able to control them, and the fires they started are still burning, if quite a way from where they were started .

The current administration did initially react by saying that this wasn't t he right time to talk about climate change, for which they earned quite a l ot of derision.

This particular problem does need global action - CO2 circulates all around the world.

Taxing fossil carbon fuels would be one way of reducing CO2 output. The tax es imposed would have to be massive enough to change people's choices, but most of the proposals involve using all the money raised to subsidise alter native energy sources.

A unitary world government might be able to implement such a scheme, but it wouldn't have a lot time left over for solving all the world's other probl ems, and does seem to be quite some way off. One can't see Trump or Putin t hinking much of the idea.

Wrong. Cataracts don't change from day to day, and the smoke haze varies wi th wind direction.

I do have cataracts, but they aren't anywhere near bad enough to need anyth ing done about them soon - my wife isn't so lucky, and switched her opticia n to one who was less insistent that she needed to think about having it do ne.

d help.

Even you seem to have mates.

th him.

I've got a much longer fuse.

You kill-file anybody with any sense at all. People with enough sense to re cognise you as a gullible twit. The posts you do see aren't exactly represe ntative of "people with any sense at all".

Not all that many people who post here post anything that anybody sensible could class as a tirade. Phil and DLUNU do stand out when it comes to tirad es. Jerks like you and krw are persistently rude and irritating, but don't really get into tirade territory.

John Larkin moans about continual streams of insults, but he seems to mean that he isn't getting the flattery he feels that he deserves, which isn't q uite the same thing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

How do you know he did not mean "fuelling them" by way of having been burned up in them? In fact, that is what he meant.

Got enemies? Toss a couple into the brush fires. Who would notice?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Any time somebody gets killed by a bush-fire there's loads of publicity.

A bush-fire doesn't burn just brush - mature trees get incinerated in large numbers.

If you try and get close to one the police warn you off. Holiday makers are having a hard time at the moment lots of roads to long-established and pop ular destinations are shut off because of fires too close the road for comf ort.

It's a long time since I've run into that, but way back when I was a gradua te student a couple of us decided taht it was too hot to study and drove of f to the nearest surf beach. We went through the smoke from a bush-fire on the way down, but couldn't come back that way - about 15 minutes after we'd been through the smoke, the firefront had arrived and killed a handful of people who been driving along that bit of road at the time. A sobering expe rience.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Woosh! As usual....

--

"The BEST Deal is NO DEAL"
Reply to

Cursitor Doom thinks that I ignored his pathetic attempt at making a joke because I wasn't aware of what he was trying to do. My misinterpretation allowed me to say what I wanted to say, and he's too dumb to realise what I was doing.

Ignoring his intentions isn't evidence that I was ignorant of them (much as I'd like to be).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I heard of a couple young ladies helping pay their med school tuition fund doing a side gig like that but it's the type of service you're going to have to pay for.

Reply to
bitrex

Shybuck has just come to the rescue, so don't complain that you have been left entirely without a substitute. We happy, Vincent?

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Hurray for Capitalism!

I really didn't expect the response I got, It was really just a comment about the missing Phil Allison.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Last I heard, JT has stage 4 pancreas cancer. He sure loved his wine.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Where you hear that ? yeah, alcohol is a type of sugar and in sweet wines t here is even some regular sugar left. (well more) If you don't get the righ t minerals it is going to destroy your pancreas.

That would be a normal assumption like for me who won't listen to their bul lshit anymore. But drug side effects are so complex now there is no figurin g them out. And look at the TV, almost EVERY ONE says it may hurt your abil ity to fight infections. I wil not take anything of the sort even if I will die in a month.

I really doubt the drug caused that for him but never discount the possibil ity. That is why you have to scutinise every damn thing they try to give yo u. I mean what was it ? some drug for psoriasis can cause a brain infection or some shit ? Hmm, now that I think about it if you are willing to take t hat drug you don't have much use for a brain anyway...

Reply to
jurb6006