Announcing another world's first

I have created a complete (as complete as the manufacturer's data provides) ferrite bead model. That includes:

- DCR

- RLC parameters, losses over the plotted frequency range

- Core saturation

- Compatible with AC and transient analyses

- Stable, continuous, analytical functions used to extend sparse data to all operating conditions (making reasonable assumptions where extrapolating)

So what, you ask? Sure, saturating models have been around for a long time. So have ferrite bead models.

Well, I've never seen the two combined, and I certainly haven't seen one with this level of detail.

Contact via e-mail for requests and pricing.

Thanks, Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Bwahahahahahaha >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I'll start saving right away!

lunatic fringe electronics

Advertising....

Well, I can do that also

Come by my wife?s web shop, we sell clothes and ship all over the w orld

I do consulting also, but contact me for details and hour rate ? (100 USD per hour or that neighborhood)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Er.... Why ?

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Because I like making models!

Don't you?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

You want to get PAID for Spice modeling?

You have no proven track record.

There are currently _74_ models on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website, totally free for the using (with at least one model type having 32 versions to fit various OpAmp types ;-)

Only after many years of such postings did requests start to trickle in... my first "commercial grade" model contract was about four years ago... the only one so far that I'm now allowed to directly publish, "ApexMP118FD.zip".

I now average 4-5 such models per year.

Demonstrate your competency and the work will come. Bloviate and call for "Contact via e-mail for requests and pricing" and you'd better have a BIG sump pump >:-}

BTW, "Proven track record" only comes by way of word-of-mouth from satisfied users. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Naaa... I like to date them!!!

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Oh, good point; the making comes afterwards. :D

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Considering I just made a sale today, that seems not to be the case. :)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

He had the advantage that he probably started off learning SPICE on a PC, not punched cards.

Reply to
bitrex

LOL

Reply to
Pimpom

No. You start out learning circuit design from fundamentals, WITHOUT BENEFIT of SPICE.

Once you understand how circuits really work then it's easy to apply Spice as a tool to aid verification.

The roaring hilarity in Klaus' thread makes my point... 95% of the posters there HAVE NO CLUE.

BTW: I first used Spice on an IBM780 around 15 years AFTER I first started designing chips... many of those chips still in production without benefit of Spice, except as an after-demonstration.

AND that first use of Spice WAS via punched cards ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

They were using SPICE on a Bendix G-20 when I was in college (I didn't take the course). Punched cards were the technology of the day (though PLATO terminals[*] were around campus). I started using simulators soon after I started working for IBM, in '74. I used a

2741 (Selectric) terminal, with an acoustical modem to enter virtual card decks. One of the simulators ran under APL and would print using the 2741. The other (ASTAP) was a batch job. We'd get the printouts in the mail twice a day, assuming the job ran. [*]
Reply to
krw

Definitely.

I know well. I've been doing this for... hmm, I guess I can claim "over two decades" these days.

I don't see you helping out any.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Those chips had like, 10 transistors in 'em. What the hell is in a LTC1KCAQ100014? I definitely couldn't tell you.

I like to try crazy stuff, most of it doesn't work. Oh well. Most 10 transistor circuits have already been done - you guys got all the low-hanging fruit :-(

Reply to
bitrex

I still got my first electronics book, check it out there are tubes in there!

Reply to
bitrex

I bet all our first books had tubes in.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Since I have been retained by Mr. Klaus Kragelund and GRUNDFOS Holding A/S to investigate cost savings/performance improvements via an integrated circuit route, and I am bound by an NDA, I thought it inappropriate (at the least) to comment here.

However I find _nothing_ in the NDA preventing me from having a good horse laugh >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.