AN: Gurugram #58...

... is newly available for free downlaod at

It is on the underlying math behind Bezier Cubic Splines.

Sourcecode separrately appears as

Other GuruGrams at

Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Algebra error on page 58.4, first box, last equation.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Sorry, I meant to write "first box with 4 equations, last equation."

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

You can be sure that Don Lancaster doesn't ever respond to suggestions about corrections for his docs.

[His contribution about the circle segment approximation (here, some time ago) was wrong as well.]

The mentioned doc contains a typo (and you could have shown us a a more constructive correction) :

-3*t^3 should be replaced by -t^3.

Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

Reply to
hoffmann

Now it seems that this bug was corrected by the author D.L. without any feedback to the forum. Really ugly.

Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

Reply to
hoffmann

Fixed it just before your post. We always try to seek out negative correction times.

Paper has since also been expanded with new "snake in the box" feature.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

I didn't want to take away from him, recognizing the exact error. It was entirely too much to say as much as I did.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Now if we can just put that phase delay into closed loop control, we'd be in serious business!

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

That's what makes digital filters so much better than analog ones. You can have negative time simply by backing up one tap.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Another problem is that the paper actually describes Bezier curves (polynomials), not splines (piecewise polynomials).

--
Kalle Rutanen
http://kaba.hilvi.org

-- observable by viewing the title.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Riiiggghhhtttt. Everything's possible with digital--even time machines!

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'd noticed that.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Which says, "The Math behind Bezier Cubic Splines"

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

This makes me laugh a bit and think about all the times I've had to explain to people how it is possible that a digital oscilloscope can trigger at a set time before a trigger event. :-)

Reply to
Carl Smith

Actually, most all analog scopes also do this with a fixed delay line.