AN: GuruGram #106 newly available for free download...

... as

Sourcecode is separately available as

Additional GuruGrams at

This is the eighth release in a series of eBay strategy and tactics tutorials.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Can the sourcecode get Duluth?

Chumley

Only with a 300 foot outdoor antenna,

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Interesting. As a subset of your advice, never touch anything or anyone related to Nigeria.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

In general, Canada is worse.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Particularly BC.

Reply to
krw

The secret is to sell used copies of the "TTL Cookbook" for $3.04! :)

Bitrex

1974? Ouch! I didn't realize it was THAT old...

The cover design's kinda neat... I wonder who drew it?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Did you notice the seller? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Good Will Books? No, I hadn't...!

I have a couple of Don's book that I ordered directly from him back in the early-'90s that he was kind enough to autograph. I can't say I look at the TTL or CMOS cookbook much, but the active filters one gets an occasion visit.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"...our Mission to help those with barriers to employment"

Maybe Slowman could use a copy.

Always thought about buying that one but needed a round-tuit, first. I just use TI's FilterPro, now. Does what I need.

Reply to
krw

That's the _new_ cover. Mine has the old olive-green cover--I bought it from Rat Shack in about 1975 as a HS junior.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

I chucked my TV Typewriter book decades ago

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

By the time I was in high school, Radio Shack didn't carry's Don's books... although they did carry Forrest Mims (a big book or two and a bunch of "Engineering Mini-Notebooks" --

and a a series of others ("Understanding Digital Electronics," "Understanding Telephone Electronics," "Understanding your Navel," etc.) that were cheap (something like $3.49 back in the late '80s) but only so-so on quality -- in retrospect, many seemed aimed more at technical managers or very low-level techs than actual designers.

These days I see they still have Forrest's "Getting Started in Electronics" -- that's kinda cool...

Maybe there's a need for a companion book, "Getting Started in Optoelectronics" by you. :-)

(Oddly, both of the college classes I took in optoelectronics -- one just a survey lab and the other on fiber optics -- were useful, but really pretty mediocre. I imagine I've related on here before how, for the lab, I built a heartbeat detector using an IR LED & phototransistor positioned against your finger, was really pretty happy that it worked at all, and was rather ticked that I was knocked down a grade because the TA thought it should have a digital counter to display beats per minute rather than just the big LED and piezo beeper that it activated on every beat. What the hey!?)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I have a couple Forrest Mims books from around the turn of the century that I bought when I was first getting into electronics - there's one that appears to be a compilation of the 555 timer book and two others called "Timer, Opamp, & Optoelectronic Circuits & Projects". Publication date 2000.

I'm going back to school this fall at the age of 30, so I'm sure I'll have the same experience but to add insult to injury it'll be a TA 10 years my junior!

Reply to
Bitrex

=20

=20