Amazon parts and shipping

Amazon's one day shipping can be nice if you need certain parts they have for something quickly, however lately they've been failing to deliver on express shipments about 50% of the time, here.

Once you get a notification like that you get no further updates, it either shows up eventually in a day or three, or it doesn't.

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:bS2zF.96035$3u6.55475 @fx34.iad:

they

Delivery service overload. Just wait till Christmas season uptick.

Shit's gonna get lost and broken... and especially delivered late.

it

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Could be...this was delivered to one of those pick-up lockers, out in the boonies at a gas station. I don't think it's utilized very often. Maybe the just couldn't get a driver today, I think they hire independent contractors for those shipments, sometimes.

To clarify this was a Fulfilled by Amazon order, not from a third-party seller.

Reply to
bitrex

Or rather, Amazon manages the shipping for the third-party retailer, not the seller themselves.

Reply to
bitrex

Doesn't everyone have one day shipping? Why do people talk as if Amazon in vented one day shipping? I've found that Priority shipping by the USPO arr ives in two days from anywhere in the country while ground shipping takes f our days from Digikey to the mid-Atlantic area. That's a bargain.

I will say I'm a bit addicted to the totally free, albeit very slow shippin g from Asia via eBay and Aliexpress. I tried ordering some Flash devices I suspected of being fake sizes just because they would put my logo on them. lol So now I have several free fake flash drives that are move flash on the outside than inside.

I like the metal casing even if it does show scratches easily. I was looki ng for something small enough there was minimal chance of it getting bumped breaking the USB socket. These drives do that, but they just don't work r eally.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

I use these, one day delivery in the Netherlands

bol.com here is a bit like amazon, but much more transparent I do not use amazon.

I have something golden from ebay that does not even register as USB memory, BUT it has some fake jewels in it:

is very heavy.... ? maybe ? gold? ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That is why I don't bother with Prime. Where I live they seem to only do Amazon chosen courier deliveries every third day so it is pot luck.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Martin Brown wrote in news:qqja9r$1kgc$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Friday Saturday and Sunday for sure you get them. They used to use UPS for weekends but now that they are jumping into the turnkey setup, we will see more and more Amazon couriers.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It is different in the UK. There are no deliveries at all on a Sunday. (at least not without paying super premium courier rates)

I'd say Tuesday and Friday seem to be common delivery days here.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

They also don't automatically refund a one-day shipping fee if it's late you have to call customer service, and they "refund" in Prime credit, not cash. Blech

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:oRezF.61765$ snipped-for-privacy@fx46.iad:

So, you want a product and then want a full cash refund if it does not show up on time.

Is this after it does actua;ly show up late that you are wanting them to give you money back for a product you have?

Faulted shipping is not grounds for a product price refund when you are actually in possession of the undamaged albeit late arriving package.

They should probably adopt a points system where your complaints add up to a purchase credit.

Funny, Lenovo give huge discounts. I got a 28" 4K display that is priced at $320 for $121. But I also got a work discount due to a Lenovo / business partner set up. Great friggin display though. Best bargain I have ever gotten in that realm.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Try reading what he wrote. He is talking about a refund of the high shippi ng fee for 1 day shipping when it doesn't come in one day.

Lenovo mostly sells crap. They use lower quality displays in many of their products and generally give what you pay for. So a low price tag (other t han closeouts) means you are giving up on something that most vendors reali ze you will miss after you get your product.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news:ddd0edda-e56f- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are an idiot, and apparently do not read reviews or examine benchmarks. Lenovo rates high, and I have seen a lot of them and a lot of the others.

Funny too how their slim line got copied by virtually everyone else.

My 'Crap' is an 8 core Xeon with Quadro graphics and a 17" 4k display. 3D CAD designers bow down to Lenovo. Especially those doing presentations.

Far better quality that all the gaming machine offers out there. Even if one of those benchmarks faster, the laptop construction is an important factor that outweighs an ever so slightly faster "gaming" machine. My machine reads anything, including credit and debit card chips. No need to pump in info on a site to make a buy.

I have yet to see another laptop maker providing a card reader. And it has a color calibrated display as well, along with its own calibration tool.

I'll stick with my Lenovo crap, thanks.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I have a Lenovo laptop, it's okay, has decent specs. Where Lenovo like many other mfgrs cheaps out on the $500-800 laptops is the enclosure, it's chinsy plastic and designed to fall apart in about 1-2 years of normal use. The hinges are fragile and tend to crack from their mount points. A ~1 foot drop on its side that's unlucky and impacts near the hinge cracks the internal plastic standoffs it mounts to, fatally compromising the enclosure.

Currently waiting on a new keyboard deck for mine because of that.

Reply to
bitrex

I don't need to read the reviews, I owned a Lenovo piece of crap. If you w ere capable of reading what people wrote you would have realized I didn't s ay everything Lenovo makes is bad. I said they make crap to sell at a low price and it is junk. Others don't make the super low end stuff that isn't worth having... at least I haven't seen any that was at all tempting. Len ovo cuts corners in areas you can't tell until the hinge craps out or you t ry watching a video and you can't find an angle to view it so both the top and the bottom of the screen are not blooming or the USB sockets haven't wo rked loose, etc., etc., etc...

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news:62c27e79-9230- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You have zero capacity to assess quality.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

  • Same delay to west coast (Olympia WA).
Reply to
Robert Baer

Problem is, they always ding and drop. And when the package is stolen? You have NO clue IF it was "delivered" and no recourse.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:w0PzF.95207$ snipped-for-privacy@fx45.iad:

Sounds like a great new product for rich folks' houses. A package delivery drop off vault, beside or built into the garage.

2 cubic meters oughta do it.

External would be similar to already available bike vaults.

Have to co-ordinate with drivers to provide a combination or access. Not foolproof but a lot more secure than what there is now.

Hell... rich folks have houskeepers or are 'lyin' around the house' anyways... they don' need no stinkin' package vault.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You always have recourse. The final arbiter is the credit card company. I recently had UPS drop a package at my neighbor's house who isn't here for weeks at a time. They finally came by and left it in my mailbox. I wasn't getting anywhere with eBay and was getting ready to report it to the CC co mpany.