amazon addiction

It's so easy to buy from amazon. We're always borrowing the little lab heat gun, so I just got two more. If I hear about an interesting book, I order it. So it seemed to me that there must be Amazon Addicts.

There are. google amazon addicts

 Click to see the full signature

Harbor Freight has a decent one for cheap.

Addict? I spend a couple of hundred a month on Amazong but I can stop any time I want. ;)

Reply to
krw

Do they have one-click ordering?

The mini heat guns were $19.47 each. Pretty nice, actually.

I try to buy edibles so I don't run out of room to store stuff. Except on my body.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Amazon is another step on the road to QVC!

--

Rick C
Reply to

Not even. There is a store down the road (from most places ;-).

This one is really good, though quite a bit more expensive (definitely not "mini").

Edible heat guns? Kinky!

Reply to
krw

We had a power outage at home for ~3 days, I blew out my 'puters power supply (desk top) when I tried turning it on from the generator. (Don't ask me instant smoke.) I went looking for a new one.. Amazon listed a local electronics recycler, I picked it up on the way home, but paid via amazon.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I find some things are relativly inexpensive on Amazon, but there is a percentage where the prices are higher than what you can get elsewhere. Best to do a little shopping around. But overall +1

Martin Riddle

I love the old Weller Model 6966C. But I use a old hair dryer in the home shop for shrink wrapping, works like a charm.

Martin Riddle

Spicy.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I use freeze spray and a heat gun for quick temperature tests on circuits. Cranking up the big enviro chamber is a hassle.

I need to get one of those pieltier heater-cooler gadgets.

Something like that. I could run a nitrogen purge tube maybe to keep the frost down. We have N2 for the reflow oven.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Recently bought some towing mirrors for my Tacoma pickup on Amazon. Made in Taiwan...pretty good quality actually, but here's the punch line: Invoice in the box was about $100 dollars less than the Amazon price! Ok, so Amazon has to make something, but really, $100 dollar add-on to the $250 price from the vendor? Yikes.

Reply to
Bill Martin

Should be good quality, by my reckoning Taiwan is about 10 years behind Japan in quality, Hong Kong is 20, China is 30 and India 40.

40% retail mark-up, fairly standard really.
Jasen Betts

It would be cool, but it's specification only states cooling 4 degrees celcius below ambient

Seems like a appliance freezer would be better

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

The big red one can go 40F below ambient. The other one is USB powered so is pretty wimpy. Peltiers need a lot of power.

 Click to see the full signature

Today I get a email that Prime has ONE day free shipping now. one click buy, one day shipping, I'm doomed...

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Amazon: From whence all good things come >:-}

I admit to being an addict, I always look there first, and only shop if the price seems out-of-line. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature