AGC Design

I designed a simple AGC circuit that took the output from a detector and fed it into an inverting op-amp integrator (- input). On the + input, I connected an adjustable reference voltage. The reference allows me to adjust the output level of the AGC. The inverting integrator is followed by an inverter stage and connected to the AGC amplifier. I adjusted the integrator gain and got it working well. My breadboard used op-amps with split supplies.

Now I find out that there was only a single supply made available to power the AGC circuit, so I'll have change op-amps and use a single supply design.

I found and evaluated some non-inverting integrator circuits and I think they will work OK for my design since the bandwidth is low.

My question is how do I connect the detector output AND the reference to the non-inverting integrator so a comparison can be made?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Atom

You have a couple of choices

  1. Feed the detector output AC coupled to the amp and DC bias the amp at V/2.

  1. Get a cheap ( < ) switched cap inverter to produce your negative supply. TI makes some good to 60mA in a SOT-23. National, Maxim and Linear tech (to name just three) also make such things.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS