Adding a wired IR port

I am trying to add a wired IR input port to the back of a sat receiver so that my TiVo box can control it without the use of the IR repeaters that stick on the front of the units. Is this as simple as soldering the port onto the IR receiver in the sat receiver or do I need to make use of an optocoupler to isolate the two components?

Thanks Chad snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Reply to
rxmage