ADA4891 op amp

What's wrong with this picture? (from LTSpice's test fixtures)

Reply to
bitrex

It's an ugly way of drawing the V- supply, but it should work?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

The amp is only rated for a 5 volt supply.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Yes, and yet it works in the test fixture anyway, but only if you configure it as a non-inverting amp as they've done.

They copy-pasted and didn't notice because of their own lousy models. Sure saves time that way!

Reply to
bitrex

That can't be right - op-amps work from +/-15V supplies!

I was a bit surprised not long ago when Googling "high voltage op-amps" that the meaning has changed somewhat.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

High frequency and high slew rate are flexible terms too.

Lately I use a lot of OPA197. It's good to 36 volts, rrio, 10 MHz, and has pA bias current. Makes a pretty good comparator too.

Here's my 400 volt opamp:

It's not very fast.

I'm doing an isolated composite video switch with a output line driver:

Don't have much experience with video amps so this is a first attempt. The LT1723 looks promising, with a LT1203 as the switch.

if the LT1723 had enables I could probably eliminate the switch IC but I haven't found a dual with enables with as large bandwidth and drive current that makes much dif in the parts cost.

I can probably just cap couple the output if the transformer doesn't give enough low frequency response for composite, no way to actively compensate it like on the input side.

Reply to
bitrex

(please disregard second dead link)

Reply to