AD8515 vs TLV9064

can anyone spot the reason to use the single AD8515 low-voltage RRIO amp over the quad TLV9064? In most areas it looks like the TLV9064 has superior performance to the AD part and you get four for about the same price...

Reply to
bitrex

Didn't look at spec sheets, but space. You only have room for a single opamp. (and only need one.)

GH

Reply to
George Herold

Uh huh, there's that.

I thought sure there must be an advantage to buying a hoity-toity AD part, ooh we're fancy we bought another fancypants botique chip-company LTC, as opposed to the Burger King of the component industry, texas instruments, but a cursory examination of the spec sheet I can't seem to see it

Reply to
bitrex

At a glance without studying deeply I'd prefer the TI part: it mentions RFI/EMI filtering; is slightly quieter; has beefier output. The AD part doesn't say it can be used for E-Bikes! (Honestly why do manfrs write such silly application suggestions?)

piglet

Reply to
piglet

Both parts are available in SOT-23 and SC70. The TI part is available in SOT553 and X2SON as well(leadless).

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

amp

me

Because they know their markets! Those are the sort of comments that can b e the difference in the part showing up in a search and not. If they don't know your part exists, they can't buy them...

I'm just sayin'

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Bah, humbug, you just like the $0.20 price per chip.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win