ACM3P 3-Phase AC Ammeters

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Yeah. Ours in 1970 circa cincinnati area was to an 8 ft ground rod right at the external entry point, and in the inside breaker box, I guess because PVC plumbing was coming into being at the time. I think there was a jumber from the breaker box over to the incoming water pipe though, now that I think about it. So... both.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

hase

hy it

household appliances. You can't use two taps of the three phase power for that unless using a particular type of delta transformer that center taps a coil. But then it's still 240 volt split phase.

from neutral/ground because that's what we use for a return. True three ph ase doesn't need a neutral for power purposes.

to neutral and 208V from phase to phase

hase to phase so we can run our ovens an furnaces.

have 240 volt split phase handy. If we did use 208 volts everything would provide 25% less power.

e at commercial sites where they have 3 phase and they just give 208 volts to the connection rather than bother with 240 resulting in slower charge ti mes.

onvenient with out a neutral, having to run everything on 400V

as a distribution that you can pick lines off of for low voltage in the ho me. We have three phase on the power distribution, it's not very often bro ught down the street and hardly ever brought to a home. Pretty much commer cial only.

t two phase.

US.

it would be a poor use of copper/aluminium. to distribute two-phase you nee d three wires with balanced load the current in the neutral is bigger than the phases

to distribute three-phase you need also three(four) wires, with a balanced load there is no current in the neutral

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

torsdag den 23. april 2020 kl. 15.10.49 UTC+2 skrev DecadentLinux...@decade nce.org:

but since it isn't different and larger than -180deg or smaller than +180de g it is not really a more than one phase, you cannot add/subtract them to get additional phases

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Correct.