ACbrrr monitoring

What can I learn (in absolute and relative terms) from monitoring the temperature and pressure in high and low side coolant lines to the ACbrr's evaporator coil?

E.g., obviously, they can tell me of compressor failures/losses in the extreme case. And, for "constant" environmental conditions can give me an idea as to how the system is degrading, over time.

But, is there anything beyond a "check engine light" that could be gleaned from that instrumentation?

Reply to
Don Y

Den torsdag den 30. marts 2017 kl. 23.31.47 UTC+2 skrev Don Y:

you can draw the PH diagram and get all sorts of info

somewhere I have a program I made for a guy that does refrigration systems that could plot the cycle on a PH diagram for various refrigerants in realtime given the pressures and temperatures

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Thanks, I'll dig through that.

But how would the user -- or, an AI acting on his behalf -- interpret this information to provide "meaningful" information to the user:

- "Your compressor is about to fail"

- "Your refrigerant is low"

- "You are expecting more performance from your system than it can deliver"

- "Clean your evaporator/condenser coils" etc.

Reply to
Don Y

it's been a while and I only know enough about refrigeration to be dangerous ;)

I think this has more details and examples

Lasse Langwadt Christensen